Wickett's Remedy: A Novel

by Myla Goldberg | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 11/18/2011
Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Looks good. Was most excellent. Novel tracing the life of a young girl in South Boston. Gets a job in a department store, gets married, widowed, and finds her vocation (nursing) in the midst of the Spanish inflenza. Fascinating book. Author is actually telling at least 3 stories at once, and doing a good job of it. The primary story is of Lydia Wickett, secondary of the paternoster she invented, Wickett's Remedy, and thirdly, the ghostly story of voices left behind. Charming book. Once I got past page 50, I resented having to put it down.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (1/15/2012 UTC) at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Bringing to the TC meet-up, looking for a reader.

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 3 by JudySlump612 at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Monday, January 23, 2012
Chosen from the books on the table at the last meet-up. If I can finish this quickly, it can go into the Medicine Chest Book Box.

Journal Entry 4 by DrSlump612 at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, February 14, 2012
I'm afraid this wasn't much my cup of tea. I liked the story of Lydia and Henry and
Lydia's work nursing the flu victims. The second story, about QD Soda, didn't grab me
at all, and I found the voices of the dead in the margins downright annoying. I would
have rather had more story about the flu epidemic, and what happened to Lydia
afterward.

Journal Entry 5 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Sunday, September 16, 2012
Returned to me by JudySlump612 for possible inclusion in the next Medicine Chest Bookbox. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Monday, September 30, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (9/30/2013 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Put into The Medicine Chest Bookbox IV to look for a new reader!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, December 21, 2013
Taken from quietorchid's Medicine Chest IV. Haven't read anything by this author yet, but I'll give it a try.

Released 7 yrs ago (5/3/2014 UTC) at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Hawaii USA

To be released at our fourth annual pop-up Skygate OBCZ during the 2014 Hawaii Book and Music Festival.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!