The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat

by Oliver Sacks | Science | This book has not been rated.
Registered by silvia-pco of Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on 11/3/2011
Journal Entry 1 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Thursday, November 03, 2011
From the book's back cover:

In this most extraordinary book, Oliver Sacks recounts the stories of patients lost in the bizarre, apparently inescapable world of neurological disorders. These are case studies of people who have lost their memories and with them the greater part of their pasts; who are no longer able to recognize people and common objects; who are stricken with violent tics and grimaces or who shout involuntary obscenities; whose limbs have become alien; who have been dismissed as retarded yet are gifted with uncanny artistic or mathematical talents.

If inconceivably strange, these brilliant tales remain, in Dr. Sacks's splendid and sympathetic telling, deeply human. They are studies of life struggling against incredible adversity, and they enable us to enter the world of the neurologically impaired, to imagine with our hearts what it must be to live and feel as they do. A great healer, Sacks never loses sight of medicine's ultimate responsibility: "the suffering, afflicted, fighting human subject."

Journal Entry 2 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Going out as a BRing!

List of participants: (accepting entries! PM me if you want in!)

01. jax98765432, UK (EU shipping)
02. bluezwuzl, Germany (EU shipping)
03. wal-89, UK (UK shipping)
04. Elisedal, UK (EU shipping)
05. sarahmangan, UK (UK shipping, INT'l if needed)
06. Edwardstreet, New Zealand (INT'L shipping)
07. Sfogs, New Zealand (NZ or AU shipping)
08. book-a-neer, Australia (AU shipping)

.. Stephario, US (US shipping)

Guidelines (based on JennyC1230's)

1. When you receive book, please make a journal entry.
2. PM the next person on the list for their address.
3. After you read the book, tell us what you thought of it.
4. When you mail the book, make another journal entry to let us know.
5. I'll set the reading deadline as 2 months; I know what it feels like to have a huge Mount TBR and the struggle one does to keep up with the deadlines, so I'll be flexible here. If you are having trouble and need to keep it for a little longer, that's cool: just PM me or make a JE so that we can know it hasn't been forgotten.
6. If you're the last person on the list, you're free to keep it, continue the Bookray, start a Bookring... it's up to you!
8. Enjoy!