Legends, Lies & Cherished Myths of American History

by Richard Shenkman | History |
Registered by wingkayotewing of Champaign, Illinois USA on 10/16/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingkayotewing from Champaign, Illinois USA on Saturday, July 28, 2018
[A pre-numbered label was used to register this book. No additional comment provided.]

Edited to add: Apparently I wasn't logged in when I started registering these. Oops! Anonymous below is me!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, July 28, 2018
I enjoyed this romp through history, showing how the past isn't quite what it's made out to be (at least in comparison with the present).

The only chapter I had a problem with was the one on poverty where I found his definition highly limiting and not in line with experience (though certainly many were not poor, but others I think definitely qualify and he seemed to just want to debunk more than was straightforward).

I read a chapter in the evening to relax for bed and it was an entertaining and pleasant way to spend the time.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkayotewing at Urbana, Illinois USA on Sunday, July 29, 2018
My neighbors were having a garage sale, so I put out a "free" box and put this in. It was gone when I brought the box in.

Enjoy!