Under Western Eyes

by Conrad, Joseph | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0192816195 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 10/12/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Synopsis:
"Conrad deftly depicts both the political turmoil in Russia in 1911 and its psychological repercussions in this novel about a student unwittingly caught in revolutionary intrigue. Attending St. Petersburg University, and industriously preparing himself for a career in the czarist bureaucracy, Razumov suddenly finds himself enmeshed in a secret plot."

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Uit een van de twee dozen van Moem. Beetje laat geregistreed, maar het waren er ook zoveel!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, April 06, 2020
Finally I got to reading this book. It was interesting, but a bit different than what I expected after reading the short contents. It was less actual involvement of Razumov. My overactive imagination combined with the many spy novels I've read may be the cause of that :-)

I liked the change I noticed, from a student that's quiet, doing his best to fit in, to that if more an observer, the one who looks on everything and all with western eyes.

Released 3 mos ago (4/10/2020 UTC) at Paddy O'Ryan. Irish pub in Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

In the green bookcase outside the side entrance of Paddy's.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.