A Million Little Pieces

by James frey | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by vedranaster of Zagreb, Zagreb City Croatia on 10/10/2011
Journal Entry 1 by vedranaster from Zagreb, Zagreb City Croatia on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"A Million Little Pieces is a semi-fictional memoir by James Frey. It tells the story of a 23-year-old alcoholic and drug abuser and how he copes with rehabilitation in a Twelve steps-oriented treatment center. While initially promoted as a memoir, it was later discovered that many of the events described in the book never happened."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Million_Little_Pieces

TO THE FINDER OF THIS BOOK:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world.

If you've found this book, please, take a minute and leave a brief journal entry here to let the owner and other readers know that it's been caught. Thanks! :)
You can do it anonymously, without signing up, but if you sign up before leaving the journal entry, you will be able to see where the book goes after you've released it.

This book is now yours to do with it what you please... Read it, give it to somebody else, release it in the wild again, keep it... Whatever you like! :)

And if you like the idea of setting books free, why not sign up with BookCrossing?
It's free and anonymous - everyone knows you only by your user name, and your email is not shown nor is it shared with anyone.
Join the movement. See where your books go after you release them. :)

Used book bought from Better World Books.
Registered with a pre-numbered label on April 18th, 2012.

Journal Entry 2 by vedranaster at Zagreb: Donji grad (city centre), Zagreb City Croatia on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A friend lent me a copy of this book a while back, and I really enjoyed it.

All the controversy aside -- is it a memoir or fiction? -- the book will probably strike a chord with anyone who's ever been addicted to anything. I count myself among sugar addicts, chocolate and sweets being my enemy number one, and could relate to the story's psychological backdrop to a big extent. For those who can count themselves lucky and addiction-free, the book still offers an interesting human story.

Journal Entry 3 by vedranaster at Zagreb, Zagreb City Croatia on Monday, April 30, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (4/30/2012 UTC) at Zagreb, Zagreb City Croatia

Gunmarga, thank you once again for celebrating my birthday with me!
I hope you'll enjoy the book as much as I did. :)

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 4 by gunmarga at ---- by post or by hand ----, Skåne Sweden on Thursday, May 10, 2012
Thank you very much vedranaster for this book and the lovely bookmark. I think I'll like the story.

Backside: At the age of 23, James Frey woke up on a plane to find his four front teeth knocked out, his nose broken, and a hole through his cheek. He had no idea where the plane was headed nor any recollection of the past two weeks. An alcoholic for ten years and a crack addict for three, he checked into a treatment facility shortly after landing. There he was told he could either stop using or die before he reached age 24. This is Frey's acclaimed account of his six weeks in rehab.

Journal Entry 5 by gunmarga at -- Någonstans i Skåne, Skåne Sweden on Sunday, January 18, 2015
A novel that gives insight into the hell it is to get out of addiction. In this case it is James Frey trying to take out its coarse alcohol and drug abuse. Even if everything is not consistent with the truth, this is an instructive story.
It was interesting to take note of the facts as regards how many people manage to live sober the rest of life despite treatment.
I'm glad I got the opportunity to read the book for it means that I can better understand those with similar problems..

Journal Entry 6 by gunmarga at ABF in Hörby, Skåne Sweden on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (11/15/2016 UTC) at ABF in Hörby, Skåne Sweden

Skriv gärna en kommentar. Anonymt eller som medlem. Det är gratis. Din e-mail lämnas aldrig ut. Lycka till och Trevlig läsning.
A-bok utmaningen okt-nov 2016