For One More Day

Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 9/29/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Thursday, September 29, 2011
This number was originally assigned to another book, but after I began reading it, I didn't want it on my shelf. So I am transferring the number to this sure to be more palatable selection by Mitch Albom.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2012
I am about to spend a long weekend in Florida with some friends and soon-to-be friends (who are currently friends of a friend). Somewhere between leaving Baltimore airport, landing in Fort Lauderdale, driving to Islamorada, sightseeing, and returning, I hope to read this book and several others. They will be released as soon after completion as possible, wherever my travels may find me.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, December 09, 2012
I had planned to read this book and release it in Florida, but, alas, I had so much fun I barely got any reading done. I came across it again while unpacking and figured it would be a perfect book to read and then release when I go to the doctor tomorrow.

For small books that are easy and quick reads, Albom's works sure pack a wallop. Chick Benetto has made a huge mess of his life and this story of the day he spends with his long-dead mother after his botched suicide attempt is incredibly moving. It covers the questions of regret for things left unsaid and undone when a loved-one has died and all the things that are unspoken and misunderstood between parents and children. The ultimate message of this book is the same as the one in The Five People You Meet in Heaven -- that the most important thing in life is to forgive yourself so that you can fully live, and that the patterns which shape our lives run much deeper than we can understand now. But this approach is different -- it will reach people who didn't get it from the other book, remind people who have forgotten, and stick with you for a long time.

One warning -- if you have lost a parent or a child or someone very close to you: have a tissue or two handy when you read this!

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Diabetes & Hormone Treatment in Germantown, Maryland USA on Monday, December 10, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (12/10/2012 UTC) at Diabetes & Hormone Treatment in Germantown, Maryland USA

Will leave this book in the waiting room at my doctor's appointment today.

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. People who participate in the Book Crossing community often establish friendships and trade books or comments on books and just relish a relationship with other readers across the globe.

You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You don't have to read the book to create a journal entry nor do you have to feel obligated to write only positive things. All those who have had their hands on the book before you would be excited to read any journal entry you choose to make.

You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. If you join, you can receive e-mail updates about all the places this book travels to in the future. (I would love it if you listed me, 6of8, as your referring member).

Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!