An Incomplete Revenge

This is a special book -
by Jacqueline Winspear | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0719569613 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingfraculawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 9/27/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingfraculawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 06, 2012
With the country in the grip of economic malaise, Maisie Dobbs is relieved to accept an apparently straightforward assignment to investigate a potential land purchase. Her inquiries take her to a picturesque village in Kent during the hop-picking season, but beneath its pastoral surface she finds evidence that something is amiss. Mysterious fires erupt in the village with alarming regularity, and a series of petty crimes suggest a darker criminal element at work. A peculiar secrecy shrouds the village, and ultimately Maisie must draw on her finely-honed skills of detection to solve one of her most intriguing cases yet.

Journal Entry 2 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

This is the fifth book in the Maisie Dobbs series.

I loved it every bit as much as the others. Maisie detective skills and intuition help her solve another mystery that keeps you guessing. She treats every one she encounters with such human respect, not always found in this era where class structure is so prevelent.

Releasing at the April Meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 15, 2012
It's been a while since I read the book; I'm looking forward to a little 'Maisie time'.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 07, 2012
An enjoyable reread as bits of the book is recalled. The insights into Maisie's past and the glimpses into what she may decide for the future, plus a good mystery, makes for a rich storyline in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 6 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing June meet-up. I'm slowly working my way through the Maisie Dobbs series. One more for the pile.

Journal Entry 7 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, August 07, 2012
Another good one. A lot going on in the plot, but it all comes together. The impact of the war is so far-reaching and it never really stops. Maisie and everyone who were touched by the war will remember it for the rest of their lives. That's why it's kind a of sad when you have people discussing Hitler. You know what's coming and these poor people haven't gotten over the last war.

I eagerly want to start the next one. Billy can't go to Canada! He's so good as Maisie's assistant.

Journal Entry 8 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 07, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (9/8/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing September meet-up. If it didn't go home with someone, it's on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 9 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2012
Once again I came home with too many books. Adding this one to the to be read mountain!

Journal Entry 10 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012
Wow, I love Maisie Dobbs! Another fantastic book that really makes me understand more of what life was like during the wars. History has never been so enjoyable.

Journal Entry 11 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (11/10/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to today's meeting so that it can continue onto its next reader.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 12 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012
Picked up at get together

Journal Entry 13 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2013
Finished this delightful read in the Maisie Dobbs series. It was still fairly predictable, and I think there was only one curve I did not see coming. But it was still a very good read, and I think I enjoyed it more than some of the other ones.

Thanks for a fun read!

Journal Entry 14 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/12/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together at Joshua Tree Cafe

Journal Entry 15 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 14, 2013
Picked up at monthly bookcrossing meeting. Collecting the Maisie Dobbs series so when I start reading it.... I can plow through them!

Journal Entry 16 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/8/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Book 5... Do love Maisie Dobbs. I enjoyed this book learning about the gypsy s. can't wait for 6,7,8.....hope there are more!

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at the Joshua Tree Cafe - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 17 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/11/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Journal Entry 18 by soccergal at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 12, 2014
Love, Love, Love Maisie Dobbs. Such a good read.

Journal Entry 19 by soccergal at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 12, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (9/13/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bringing back to the Bookcrossing monthly meeting.

Journal Entry 20 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 21, 2014
Back in my hands until a new reader of this amazing series is found.

Journal Entry 21 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 20, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/20/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at a coffee meet-up.

Journal Entry 22 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 20, 2019
Looking forward to the next installment of Maisie Dobbs.