The Mapping of Love and Death (Maisie Dobbs Mystery 7)

This is a special book -
by Jacqueline Winspear | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingfraculawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 9/27/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingfraculawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, May 16, 2012
1914. When war in Europe is declared, a young American cartographer, Michael Clifton, is compelled to fight for his father's native country, and sets sail for England to serve in the British Army. Three years later, he is listed as missing in action. 1932. After Michael's remains are unearthed in a French field, his devastated parents engage London investigator Maisie Dobbs, hoping she can find the unnamed nurse whose love letters were among their son's belongings. It is a quest that leads Maisie back to her own bittersweet wartime love - and to the discovery that Michael Clifton may not have died in combat. As a web of intrigue and violence threatens to ensnare the dead soldier's family and even Maisie herself, she must cope with the impending loss of her mentor and the unsettling awareness that she is once again falling in love.

Journal Entry 2 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 08, 2012
Another wonderful Maisie mystery! This one was a bit easier to solve ahead of the end of the book, it was still a terrific story about this strong female character.

There were two pivotal plot points that occurred in this book of the series, so try not to read them out of order, like I did!

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at the June meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at the Joshua Tree Café. Hope this book will go home with a new reader.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012
Thanks for allowing me to reread these great novels. I enjoy them as much or more as the first time because I know what a pleasure it is to lose myself in Maisie's world.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 21, 2012
Book 7 is an emotional journey for Maisie with loss and difficult decisions about her future to be made. This is a favourite Maisie book for me and while it didn't have as much impact as the first time I read it, I still enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 7 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2012
Holding the book for future meetup.

Journal Entry 8 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (10/13/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 9 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2012
Picked up at October's meeting. Adding to my really large TBR pile, better start reading...

Journal Entry 10 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 19, 2013
I love Maisie Dobbs and I have to say they are getting better and better. I really enjoyed this one, it was the perfect mix of light and dark. I may just have to bump the next one up my pile a bit...

Journal Entry 11 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (6/8/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Another spectacular Maisie Dobbs novel. Definately a "Guilty Pleasure" so I am going to take it to June's meeting of the same name. It should find a reader there.

Journal Entry 12 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, June 11, 2013
So.....I didn't actually read this copy as I couldn't wait to get it! I got another copy and plowed through it and then got this book so I could journal it.

I seem to learn such a lot from these Maisie Dobbs books. I am not such a lover of war, history, map making, but find that the writing is so enjoyable that I learn without being "taught". Can't wait for number 8!

I passed this book on to Eri-cherry who is kind enough to wait until I put in my two bits worth!

Journal Entry 13 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Picked up from crossingguardma. thanks!

Journal Entry 14 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 06, 2013
I really enjoyed this segment of the Maisie Dobbs series. There weren't too many twists and turns in the story, and the only real surpirses were at the beginning of the book, which was a bit of a nice change. The characters and plot were well laid out as always, and this time I quite enjoyed the developments in Maisie's personal life. On a whole a found it a touching story.

Thanks for the magnificent read!

Journal Entry 15 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/9/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together.

Journal Entry 16 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 10, 2013
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up. Yay, the next Maisie Dobbs novel!

Journal Entry 17 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2013
It's been awhile since I read a Maisie Dobbs, but they're still as good as ever. I finished this on the way home from London and it really helped to pass the time on the nine hour flight. I'm getting a feeling that the next book takes Maisie in another direction, which is still cool.

Journal Entry 18 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/14/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing along this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing December meet-up.

Journal Entry 19 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 15, 2013
Back in my hands and awaiting the next reader!

Journal Entry 20 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (12/10/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the December meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 21 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 10, 2017
Thank you my dear fracula for the wonderful coffee break with you. I am so grateful to you for the incredible postcards and THREE Maisie Dobbs' books. This in going on my nightstand TBR stack. Very excited to start it soon, even though all the other books on my TBR Mountain Range will be mad.

Journal Entry 22 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 26, 2017
It was so great to be absorbed in this new Maisie Dobbs novel. There was so much new information to process in Maisie's life, isn't there? 1932 and in England, each book is bringing us closer to WWII. I can't wait to see what will happen next...

Journal Entry 23 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 11, 2017
This came home with me so that I could figure out who needed to read it next.

Journal Entry 24 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 08, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (7/8/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am bringing this book back to the group... I've checked the lists and all the books seem to have been returned to the person who brought them. Book one is with undersunnyskies and she is the only one not finished the series. I will return this to the person who brought it so they can decide what they want to do... This is a great series, perhaps we can convince some new people to start it.

Journal Entry 25 by B-Lynn at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 13, 2017
looking forward to reading the series.

Journal Entry 26 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 19, 2018
Book is safely back in my hands and being held for a future reader.

Journal Entry 27 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 20, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/20/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at a coffee meet-up.

Journal Entry 28 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 20, 2019
Looking forward to the next installment of Maisie Dobbs.