My Dirty Little Book of Stolen Time

This is a special book -
by Liz Jensen | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingfraculawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 9/27/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingfraculawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 16, 2012
When 25-year-old Charlotte Schleswig begins telling her madcap tale in 1897, she's a successful prostitute roaming the suburban streets near Denmark's capital. A random meeting in a bakery leads her to begin working as a domestic for Fru Krak, an anxious woman whose husband has recently disappeared under mysterious circumstances and who may now be haunting the very streets Charlotte walks. Charlotte soon sets out to find the missing Professor Krak, and in the course of her investigations discovers 21st-century London, a whole new world of mobile phones, microwaves, flavored condoms, suicide machines and a handsome archeologist named Fergus. Jensen (The Ninth Life of Louis Drax) satisfactorily coats a predictable romance with a shiny time-traveling sci-fi glaze, mixes a dash of irony and suspense, and pushes it all through Charlotte's energetic first person, which carries the book. The final result is fun and sometimes scintillating, but not necessarily delicious—like a flavored condom.

Journal Entry 2 by wingfraculawing at Little Free Library - Bulyea in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (9/30/2012 UTC) at Little Free Library - Bulyea in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Hello and congratulations!

You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing Fracula as referring you.

If it's not your cup of tea, pass it on and consider this as your invitation to the wonderful world of BookCrossing!

Enjoy. Good Book Karma to You!
___________________________________________________________________________
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss BookCrossing on the second Saturday of each month. We meet at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new book lovers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 3 by YYCanuck at Airdrie, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Ek dra by tot die storie van hierdie boek: I am going to read this book, hopefully before the end of this year.

Journal Entry 4 by YYCanuck at Airdrie, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Finally finished reading it; passing it to a friend who expressed interest.

Ages ago I tried to take it back to the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail.
That place closed.