Cat Owners Survival Guide

by Martin Baxendale | Pets & Animals |
ISBN: 0952203243 Global Overview for this book
Registered by constantweader of Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on 9/22/2011
Journal Entry 1 by constantweader from Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Thursday, September 22, 2011
Silly, but quite good fun - if you are owned by a cat you'll recognise many of the scenarios.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGhaneschawing at BCUK UnConvention 2011, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 24, 2011

I found this book on the "Book Buffet" tables
Many thanks for sharing it!

Hello! Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Kindly make a journal entry to let us know it's found a new reader.

Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend, leave it back on the shelf or somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!

Liebe Finderin, lieber Finder,
Gratulation, dass Du dieses Buch gefunden hast! Ich hoffe, es gefällt Dir. Du hast nicht nur ein Buch, sondern eine ganze Gemeinschaft von Leserinnen und Lesern gefunden, die Bücher lieben. Schau Dir die Seite mal an! Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn Du Dir die Zeit nimmst, einen Journal-Eintrag zu machen und mich so wissen zu lassen, wo das Buch gerade ist und was Du damit vor hast. Vielleicht willst Du Bookcrossing ja beitreten? Das ist anonym, kostenlos und macht Spaß!

Journal Entry 4 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 01, 2011
This is the third book that I have picked up that was at the Nottingham convention.

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Nabbed out of Lytteltonwitch's release pile as we were sorting out our books on the way to Dublin.

Very silly but cute.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 6 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 16, 2012
Passed to me by Futurecat during the Fri night meal at 19. Made me chuckle.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 01, 2012
Now taking to Switzerland as I will be meeting up with some Swiss Bookcrossers while I am there. Bound to be someone who likes cats there!

Journal Entry 8 by wingOBCZ-TeddysDenwing at Herisau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden Switzerland on Thursday, June 14, 2012
this one is a must for spy-there - I shall take it along next month to our facebookcrossers meetup.
p.s. as I could not attend the meetup - see below;-)

Journal Entry 9 by wingOBCZ-TeddysDenwing at Herisau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden Switzerland on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (6/16/2012 UTC) at Herisau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden Switzerland

this lovely book travels today by post to Zürich, to good and devoted bookcrosser....it might cheer her up a bit.

Journal Entry 10 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, June 25, 2012
Aww, thank you manuma! It arrived today ^__^ The mail indeed cheered me up (am I so bland?), alas (sorry) the booklet less so - but never mind! Baxendale must have his fans somewhere ...

here's my rant:
B.'s cats are obese, deranged and (allegedly) agressive ... and I didn't find them funny. Who would laugh over pets, which just gawk stupidly and are nothing more than household decorations? That's exactly the point: B.s cats never move. They just sit or stand around like dummies and are handled like things. Those cats are neither amiable nor spiteful; they uncomplainingly float with the the (pretty crude) mainstream joking.

Besides; I could cry when I see pictures of cats in microwaves or in laundry machines. I actually know somebody who washed her cat by accident. It's no agreeable death, and it does happen - often by sheer cruelty (e.g. by kids). Sometimes you can read those stories in the paper. Probably also because reality is more perverted than B.'s cartoon, I didn't like it as intended. B. pretends "funny" exaggeration - reality proves: no exaggeration, just bloody facts :/

well, somebody less nitpicky than me might laugh ;)

PS: I think these are funny cats. Obese too, but ambitious, confident and good humoured. You want to play and cuddle with them and never have the thought they could be a mere thingy.

Journal Entry 11 by spy-there at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (7/10/2012 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

... in the bookshelf =^,^=

Journal Entry 12 by tarant at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, October 07, 2012
Im Gloria entdeckt...

Journal Entry 13 by tarant at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (10/7/2012 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

wieder freigelassen .... fand ich nicht so witzig...