Tess of the Durbervilles (Penguin Popular Classics)

by Hardy | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0140620206 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Caramae of Beneden-Leeuwen, Gelderland Netherlands on 9/18/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Caramae from Beneden-Leeuwen, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, September 18, 2011
Into his story of a simple but beautiful country girl's seduction by another man which causes her husband to leave her on their wedding night and thereby precipitates a course of events that ends in murder, Hardy wove a luminous tenderness and longing.
'I have never been able to put on paper all that she is, or was to me,' he said.
In defying convention and making a milkmaid the subject of tragedy, Hardy gave rein to his feeling for landscape and rural life - its harshness, seasonal rhythms and reminders of death and resurrection - and endows them with a brooding symbolism and visionary beauty.

Journal Entry 2 by Caramae at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (9/19/2011 UTC) at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom

Wishlist book for Birthday Buddy. I hope it arrives in time!

***
Congratulations! You found a wild book!
Please register it so we can see what happens to it in its travels. You can do so anonymously, or you can sign up (this is free) for BookCrossing. If the latter please name me, Caramae, as your referrer.
When you have finished the book you can release it again. Please make sure to register this too so we can continue to follow the book on its adventures. Thank you!
***
Gefeliciteerd! Je hebt een vrijgelaten boek gevonden!
Vul asjeblieft in dat je het boek hebt. Dit kan anoniem, of je kan je (gratis) aanmelden voor BookCrossing. Indien dat laatste wil ik je vragen of je mijn gebruikersnaam, Caramae, als referral wilt opgeven.
Wanneer je klaar bent met het boek kan je het weer loslaten. Registreer dit asjeblieft ook, zodat we de reis van dit boek kunnen blijven volgen. Alvast bedankt!