The Child in Time (Picador Books)

by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by karen07814 of Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on 9/17/2011
Journal Entry 1 by karen07814 from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, September 17, 2011
Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing, especially if it is your first time here. I am really pleased that you found this book. It is a gift from me to you. If you wish you may hold on to it, but I hope that you will pass it on, either to a friend or loved one, or by leaving it to be found again. That way our book will be on an adventurous journey which we can follow as it gets passed along.

In the meantime, did you read the book? What did you think of it? Also, what do you think of the idea of BookCrossing? Feel free to write any thoughts when you come back to make a journal entry for this book.

While you are here, why not take a look around our website? It is completely free to register, it is safe and spam free and, if you do join, you will receive email alerts when this book is found again. I would be delighted if you wish to mention me, karen07814 , as the member who introduced you.

Happy Reading!

If you're in Colchester bookcrossers meet up once a month on the third Thursday at 7pm. Venue Fox Pub Layer de la Haye.
No fixed book to read, a pile of books in the middle of the table to choose from to take home. Somebody will have an opinion on any book (if you want the opinion) Feel free to come along or pm me for more details.

Journal Entry 2 by karen07814 at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 23, 2011

Released 12 yrs ago (9/24/2011 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Over to you for a free read

Journal Entry 3 by garibaldisghost at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2011
I decided to liberate this from the Book Buffet table at the BCUK Unconvention in Nottingham.

Journal Entry 4 by garibaldisghost at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 2, 2012
Another one of McEwan's off my list. This was a miserable read in many ways but as with most of the other books by this author there was still something to enjoy?!

Released 11 yrs ago (4/11/2013 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Chosen from the First Sentences Virtual Bookbox - enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for this book, I look forward to reading it:)

Journal Entry 7 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, September 12, 2017
I don't really know what to say about this one... It was a difficult book to read in many ways. As usually McEwan wrote about a topic that is not the easiest to read but he writes in a way that you feel compelled to continue reading. On the other hand it was also a bit frustrating to read as I felt like the most important story in the book was somehow left to the background.

Journal Entry 8 by wingSoozreaderwing at on Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (9/12/2017 UTC) at

On its way to the next reader as a part of the First Sentences VBB. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 24, 2017
Thank you for passing on received safely.

Released 1 mo ago (6/3/2024 UTC) at -- By Post or by Hand--, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Been on my TBR pile for too long, releasing in a box of books to a bookcrosser who has a perfect place to release them.

Journal Entry 11 by wingsilverhammerwing at Abergavenny, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 18, 2024
Thank you Mysteriousmummy for the RABCK which is going to be released on the community Bookshelves at Nevill Hall Hospital.

Journal Entry 12 by wingsilverhammerwing at Nevill Hall Hospital in Abergavenny, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, June 20, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/21/2024 UTC) at Nevill Hall Hospital in Abergavenny, Wales United Kingdom

Released on the bookshelves near Main reception