The Quake

by Richard Laymon | Horror |
ISBN: 031213150x Global Overview for this book
Registered by residentwolff of Benton, Arkansas USA on 9/23/2003
Journal Entry 1 by residentwolff from Benton, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, September 23, 2003
Classic Laymon! My second fave by this author!

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, October 15, 2003
What's that rumble I feel in the ground? Could it be the anticipation of getting yet another fix of my Laymon addiction??? YAY!

From Richard Laymon Kills!:

"Twenty minutes before the quake hits, Stanley is ogling a pretty female jogger through his living-room window. He ogles Sheila Banner every morning and that's not all he'd like to do to her. The quake might just give him his chance.

One minute before the quake hits, Clint Banner is in his downtown office ahead of the morning rush. So he's all alone as the walls buckle and the carpet makes waves like the ocean. Outside, the buildings are dancing, parked cars are rolling down the street and snapped power lines are crackling. Clint's only concern is for the safety of his wife and daughter. He has to get home - but how??

When the quake hits, Barbara Banner is in a car with a teacher and three other students. The teacher freaks out and drives off like a maniac so now she, too, is stranded on the wrong side of town.

Clint and Barbara must make their way home to Sheila, trapped naked in the bathtub in their ruined house. But will they get there before Stanley, the fat pervert for whom the earthquake is a heaven-sent opportunity?"

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Monday, June 05, 2006
As is the norm for me, it took me ages to finally get around to reading this. And boy am I glad I did! It had been a while since I've read a Laymon, and it sure was great coming back home! One of his few books without a supernatural element to it, the horrors were all human. One hell of a wild ride!

Journal Entry 4 by wingjarewing at Smith's at Central & Tramway in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, September 17, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (9/17/2006 UTC) at Smith's at Central & Tramway in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Left the book out front, leaning against the soda machines.... enjoy!