The Shack

by William Paul Young | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by keithpp of Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on 9/16/2011
Journal Entry 1 by keithpp from Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 16, 2011
People rave about his book, which immediately puts me off reading it.

Mack finds God in a deserted shack in the middle of a wilderness. What God is dong there and what Mac learns is for us to find out.

Stranger things have happened. Disgraced politician Jonathan Aitken (in prison for perjury) claims to have found God in prison. At a party I was at in London, either Mark Thomas or Jeremy Hardy quipped what was God in for?

I find three copies of The Shack within three days, well a week at any rate. Each copy differed in a slight detail on its front cover, namely one, two, three million copies sold. Then a little while later a fourth copy. Then a few weeks later within a couple of days a couple more copies. The only difference to the other copies it now says seven million copies sold on the front cover. I then found a few more copies. I then find many more copies. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something!

- The Alchemist
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Journal Entry 2 by keithpp at St Mary's Church in Old Basing, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 07, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (10/6/2011 UTC) at St Mary's Church in Old Basing, Hampshire United Kingdom