The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

by Mark Haddon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winghippoleinwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 9/15/2011
Journal Entry 1 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, September 15, 2011
Vintage paperback 2005
272 pages

From the Back Cover:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is a murder mystery novel like no other. The detective, and narrator, is Christopher Boone. Christopher is fifteen and has Asperger's Syndrome. He knows a great deal about maths and very little about human beings. He loves lists, patterns and the truth. He hates the colours yellow and brown and being touched. He has never gone further than the end of the road on his own, but when he finds a neighbour's dog murdered he sets out on a terrifying journey which will turn his whole world upside down.

Journal Entry 2 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, September 15, 2011
The story was surprisingly good, not at all what you would have expected from the title at all. The view from the boy's perspective gives you something to think about, as it is clear that - though not in a so distinct way - every human being does have a different view on life and on things that happen.
The story is written in a way that you just have to continue, to know how it is going to end, and then you still keep a feeling that you wanted to read more.

With a "special-need-person" (as Christopher would call it) living at home, it gives the whole story a different colour and an extra touch.

Journal Entry 3 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/8/2011 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

RABCK
--------------------------

lähtee seuraavalle lukijalle Sokoksen miitissä ;)

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookwormesswing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, December 28, 2011
This book is so interesting! A friend loaned a Finnish edition to me few years back, but I didn't have time to read it then. So, let's try again. Got the book almost two months ago, I've just been too busy to journal it.

Thanks hippolein!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookwormesswing at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Tuesday, June 04, 2019
I've started the book coulee of times, but it always ends up abandoned somewhere in the house. Decided to give it one more go, but didn't really read much further than before, then it was abandoned again.

Yes, the story itself is interesting especially because it's written from autistic boys point of view. But that makes it also a bit tough to read. I think it's time to set this one free again.

This book is 10/27 of my personal 'Reducing Mt. TBR: received in 2008-2016' challenge.

Released 4 wks ago (8/17/2019 UTC) at Ranta-Kerttu in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

The book table in Finnish Summer Meet-up.

*************************
Congratulations, you've found a book I've released in the wild. It's yours now - you can keep it, give to someone you know or release it back in the wild. Thank you for letting me know you've found it! If you want, you're welcome to join Bookcrossing.com. :)

Journal Entry 7 by Mecu at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Sunday, August 18, 2019
First the title, then the cover and last the synopsis got me interested in the book which I found on the book buffet table at the Finnish Summer Convetion in Turku yesterday. Toukokuu recommended it, so I took the book with me to Hämeenlinna. Thanks for sharing!