Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, Book 1)

by Carrie Vaughn | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Zephiera of Pasadena, Maryland USA on 9/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Zephiera from Pasadena, Maryland USA on Friday, September 09, 2011
Urban fantasy at its best

Journal Entry 2 by Zephiera at On the street in Takoma Park, Maryland USA on Friday, September 09, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/10/2011 UTC) at On the street in Takoma Park, Maryland USA

This is a true 'wild' release... A friend is releasing it for me on his way home from work so I don't know exactly where it will end up. ;-)

Journal Entry 3 by Ecrivaine25 at Tikrit, COB Speicher Iraq on Thursday, September 29, 2011
This was a fun read for a Soldier in Iraq whose job involves a lot of thinking about the news and reality. I wanted to lose myself in something I didn't have to think too hard about, and for that, this book was perfect and a quick read during two of my mornings off (I'm a nightshift person, so those are my "evenings" after the "workday.") At first, I winced at the title, but I gave it a go, and the weird world of werewolf fantasy drew me in for a brief spell.

I even learned a new word I'd never encountered before...lycanthrope. Who knew there was a synonym for werewolf? I didn't...

Almost made me wish they were real...the cool ones like the protagonist of the novel, anyway. Since so many movies and books seem to be about vampires these days, a tired subject, if you ask me, this was kind of refreshing.

Journal Entry 4 by Ecrivaine25 at DMAIN in Tikrit, COB Speicher Iraq on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/29/2011 UTC) at DMAIN in Tikrit, COB Speicher Iraq

This was a fun read to take the mind off of a stressful place. A friend sent it to me all the way from Maryland. I'll be placing it on the bookshelf tonight, if anyone wants to check it out.