Read and Journaled Bookbox

by aberpeter | | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Aberpeter of Kirkland, Washington USA on 9/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by Aberpeter from Kirkland, Washington USA on Friday, September 09, 2011
Welcome to the Read and Journaled bookbox. All books in this bookbox have been read and journaled by the previous reader.

The usual rules apply for this bookbox:

1. Must be an active Bookcrosser
2. Please move the bookbox on within two weeks
3. Delivery Confirmation is suggested but not required
4. Please journal all books you remove and add to the box
5. Please add the same number of books to the box that you removed from the box
6. Please include books in good condition (no loose pages or falling apart)
7. Romance books can be included, but please no Harlequins!

The shipping order for this bookbox:

k00kaburra (CA)
copchic905 (MO)
bookstogive (TN)
dancing-dog (TN)
time-traveler (NY)
dabercro (UT)
aberpeter (WA) <---- the box is back home!

As this bookbox begins its journey, it will be filled with the following books:

Step on a Crack James Patterson
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter Carson McCullers
The Last Time the Met Anita Shreve
The Weight of Water Anita Shreve

Journal Entry 2 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Thursday, September 29, 2011
Bookbox is here :) I'll be contacting the next person in line shortly!

Journal Entry 3 by k00kaburra at -- BookMooch.com, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, October 03, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (10/2/2011 UTC) at -- BookMooch.com, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

sent to copchic905!

Journal Entry 4 by copchic905 at St. Louis, Missouri USA on Friday, October 14, 2011
Choosing books & shall ship out ASAP :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2011
The Read and Journaled bookbox has arrived safely here in Tennessee. I will give it a look and then get it moving again as I already have the next person's address.

I have made my selections and additions and the box will be heading out to the next person Thursday. Thanks for letting me participate.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbookstogivewing at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (12/13/2011 UTC) at Cordova, Tennessee USA

Released to the next in line for the bookbox

Journal Entry 7 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Saturday, December 17, 2011
Book arrived here today - thanks! some interesting-looking books in here ....

Not sure if I will be able to mail this out again before Christmas so there may be a slight delay but I will get it moving on as soon as I can.

Will journal again just before I mail it. In the meantime, everyone have a wonderful holiday!

Journal Entry 8 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Monday, January 02, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (12/29/2011 UTC) at Cordova, Tennessee USA

Mailed this last Thursday - forgot to journal - to time-traveler.

DC# 0311 1660 0000 9672 3544

Journal Entry 9 by time-traveler at Westchester, New York USA on Thursday, January 05, 2012
The box is here with me. I'm looking forward to going through the books and reading the journal entries - it's been a while since I've participated in a bookbox. I'll make my selections in the next few days.

Journal Entry 10 by time-traveler at Clinton, Utah USA on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (1/7/2012 UTC) at Clinton, Utah USA

I removed 3 and added 3. Thank you!

Mailed to dabercro today. DC# 0311 1660 0001 8621 9476.

Journal Entry 11 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Arrived in the mail yesterday. Will be making my selections and should have it back out in the mail in a few days.

Journal Entry 12 by dabercro at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, January 20, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (1/20/2012 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This was a great way to do a bookbox. It was nice to be able to read a "real" journal entry instead of "picked up at a sale" in order to make a decision on which books to choose.

I removed seven books and added ten.

Box is on its way back home to Aberpeter in WA.

Journal Entry 13 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Saturday, January 28, 2012
the box is back home!

Journal Entry 14 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Sunday, January 20, 2013
It's been close to a year since this box last travelled. In about a month I will be sending it out again with a fresh collection of books I have read and journaled. If you are interested in participating in this next round please email me. The usual rules apply for this bookbox:

1. Must be an active Bookcrosser
2. Please move the bookbox on within two weeks
3. Delivery Confirmation is suggested but not required
4. Please journal all books you remove and add to the box
5. Please add the same number of books to the box that you removed from the box
6. Please include books in good condition (no loose pages or falling apart)
7. Romance books can be included, but please no Harlequins!
8. Please journal what books you are taking out and adding.

The shipping order for this bookbox:

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County Tiffany Baker
The Sky is Falling Sidney Sheldon
The Time Traveler's Wife Audrey Niffenegger
Winter Garden Kristin Hannah

Journal Entry 15 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Monday, February 18, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (2/18/2013 UTC) at Kirkland, Washington USA

I'll be meeting oliviapoolside for coffee and giving her the box as it begins its journey

Journal Entry 16 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Picked this book box up from Aberpeter at a Starbucks in Bellevue. So nice to see you again! Looks like there are some great books in there, I'll be picking very soon. Thanks for including me.

Journal Entry 17 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, February 20, 2013
I've made my selections:

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
The Queen of Subtleties by Suzannah Dunn
Murderess by Leslie Margolin

Great selection! Thanks for including me.

Journal Entry 18 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (2/20/2013 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

On its way to MN now

Journal Entry 19 by JudySlump612 at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Arrived safely in Minneapolis today - quite a nice selection. Thanks, all of you!

Journal Entry 20 by JudySlump612 at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Hard choices, but I'm finally set. Here's what I chose:
- Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing, Melissa Bank
- People of the Book, Geraldine Brooks
- Room, Emma Donoghue
- The Bean Trees. Barbara Kingsolver
- Amy and Isabelle, Elizabeth Strout

And here are the replacement books:
- The Litigators, Lindsay Arthur
- The Armada, Garrett Mattingly
- Surprising Stories by Saki, Saki
- On the Beach, Nevil Shute
- All the King's Men, Robert Penn Warren

The box will go off to the PO this afternoon.

Journal Entry 21 by JudySlump612 at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (3/13/2013 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Media Mail to GoryDetails
USPS Tracking # 9549 0101 4142 3072 5491 61
Expected delivery 3/19/13

Journal Entry 22 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, March 18, 2013
The box arrived today - barely; it was split all the way down one side! Do the postal employees use these boxes for football practice or something? {rueful grin} Will make my choices (and find a new box) soon - many thanks! (This bookbox journal, "Life from a Pet's Point of View", has some very cute photos; I think my favorite is the wide-eyed cat crouching in the grass, with "Don't get mad - get even!" as the caption.)

I'm taking out:

Fushigi Yugi Vol. 1, Priestess
The Memoirs of Mary Queen of Scots
Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays
And a bonus book, When the Wind Blows

Mailed to JennyC1230 in Georgia on 3/20, tracking number: 9549010632703079609738

Journal Entry 23 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, March 29, 2013
The Bookbox is here! The box is falling apart, looks like it was drop kicked from New Hampshire to Georgia. There's also a fragile thing inside. Not sure who put it there, it's not media mail. I guess I'll pack it in the new box and send it on to the next in line. Send me a PM if you put it in there. My curiosity is piqued! :-)

Journal Entry 24 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, March 30, 2013
Since the box seems to have been opened and a glass music box placed inside between New Hampshire and here, I am going to journal all the books inside, that way we'll know if any books are missing from the box.

<---Here is a picture of the music box found in the Bookbox.
Thank you Bookstogive! She told me how to post a picture in the journal entry. :-)

Journal Entry 25 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, March 30, 2013
Putting in these books:

Aspen Haunt by Amy Hawes
Dockside by Susan Wiggs
Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon
Fishbowl by Sarah Mlynowski

Taking out of the box:

Surprising Stories by Saki (22 Tales with a Twist)
I Shot a Man in Reno by Graeme Thomson
Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost and Gail Steketee
Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons

I have bookstogive's address and plan to mail it early next week with a new box, since the post office smashed this one pretty good.

I decided not to include the music box because it's not media mail and I've heard the recipient can be charged for 1st class mail, if they find something besides media inside the box. :-S

Journal Entry 26 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, April 05, 2013
Mailed to Bookstogive today via media mail USPS tracking #9552110270293095484846

Journal Entry 27 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Monday, April 08, 2013
The Read and Journaled Bookbox has arrived safely and in 1 piece! I will give the books a look over and post back with my selections.

Journal Entry 28 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Monday, April 08, 2013
I have selected the following books from the box:

Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky

White House Ladies by Webb Garrison
Lucifer's Shadow by David Hewson
Marie and Mary by Nigel Tranter
The Eleventh Victim by Nancy Grace

Thanks for letting me participate and the box will head out to heartthumper by Thursday.

Journal Entry 29 by wingbookstogivewing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (4/10/2013 UTC) at Hutchinson, Kansas USA

Releasing to the next in line for the bookbox with DC#9449009699937629958063

Journal Entry 30 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Friday, April 19, 2013
The box arrived yesterday while I was at work. I'll make my choices and get it on its way. Love the journal book. Lol!

Journal Entry 31 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Box of books arrived. Will go through them and send it off to next in line. Thanks for organizing this Aberpeter and thanks to everyone else for sharing your books.

Journal Entry 32 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, June 02, 2013
Oh, so many good ones to choose from. But I have made my decisions.

I picked:

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Diamond As Big As The Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Seven Up by Janet Evanovich
The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan

I have dabercro's address and will send this box off this week. Thanks again for sending this bookbox my way.

Journal Entry 33 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Friday, June 07, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (6/7/2013 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Box of books on its way to dabercro. Should reach its destination on Friday. I also threw an extra book into the box. Inky: Seeing Eye Dog. Previous owner asked that this gets shared with other Bookcrossers to represent the Royal New Zealand Foundation For The Blind.

USPS Tracking #: 9549 0110 0677 3158 5368 26

Journal Entry 34 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Arrived in the mail today. Looks like some good books to choose from.

Journal Entry 35 by dabercro at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (6/26/2013 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

I chose ten books and added ten books back into the box. I enjoy this box with the books all being previously read and journalled. Looking forward to another round!

Box is on its way back home to Aberpeter in WA.

Tracking # 9549 0102 7197 3177 3516 52

Journal Entry 36 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Monday, July 08, 2013
The box is back home! It appears as though there are some great books that made it home with my box and I cannot wait to read and journal those books.

This box will go out for Round Three once I have read and journaled enough books to fill a box.