Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by ayntastic of Portland, Oregon USA on 9/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by ayntastic from Portland, Oregon USA on Friday, September 09, 2011
It's a Hercule Poirot novel! What's not to like?

Journal Entry 2 by ayntastic at Woodland, California USA on Friday, September 09, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (9/9/2011 UTC) at Woodland, California USA

Adding to JennyC1230's Kitchen Sink Book Box! Enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 15, 2012
This book came home in JennyC1230's Kitchen Sink Bookbox.

I've read most if not all of Agatha Christie's books in the 1980's, so I plan to re-read this one and get it moving again. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, March 19, 2012
I tried to re-read this one over the weekend and couldn't make it through the second chapter. I just wasn't in the mood for this right now. I remember it being a lot more interesting when I was in 6th grade.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, May 11, 2012
This book is starting out in the ABC (Already Been Crossed) Bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Took out of the ABC bookbox and replacing it with Rules of Deception.

Amazon.com Review

Hercule Poirot is perhaps Agatha Christie's most interesting and endearing character; short, round, and slightly comical, Poirot has a razor-sharp mind and puts unlimited trust in his "little grey cells." Those little cells come through for him every time, enabling Poirot to solve some of the most baffling mysteries ever conceived. In Death on the Nile, Poirot, on vacation in Africa, meets the rich, beautiful Linnet Doyle and her new husband, Simon. As usual, all is not as it seems between the newlyweds, and when Linnet is found murdered, Poirot must sort through a boatload of suspects to find the killer before he (or she) strikes again.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, January 28, 2019
This book had a compelling plot even though I figured out who was going to be murdered, by whom, and why before the murder even took place. It is a tragic story. Christie had everything out in the open as she was telling the story which means anyone could have committed the murder. Agatha Christie doesn't fail to write a captivating story.

Reserved for a VBB

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (8/14/2019 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM RABCK from the ABC VBB to perryfran

Journal Entry 9 by wingperryfranwing at Elk Grove, California USA on Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Received today. Thanks for sending this. I read a lot of Christie back in the 70s and 80s but don't think I ever read this one. Will be looking forward to it.