The Curse of the Viking Grave

by Farley Mowat | Travel |
Registered by DendriticTrees of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 9/8/2011
Journal Entry 1 by DendriticTrees from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, September 08, 2011
I think I've actually read this, but I couldn't tell you anything about it, I unearthed it from my basement.

Journal Entry 2 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 09, 2011
I haven't read a book by Farley Mowat for a long time. Thanks DendriticTrees.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, May 10, 2013
An interesting story of 4 teens travelling by dog sled and canoe in northern Manitoba and Nunavut. Written in 1966, the description of the country, the wildlife and the native peoples encountered on the journey is a snapshot of Canada that may be already lost.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/11/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 5 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013
Decided to take this one home from the May bookcrossing meeting as I haven't read a Farley Mowat book in a very long time.

Journal Entry 6 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 14, 2014
Well I recently brought this home and decided to put it at the top of my TBR pile when the author died.

I haven't read one of his books in such a long time and it seems a shame. I enjoyed it very much. The descriptions of the landscape and the people of the north are wonderful. I've vowed to get some more of his books from the library.

Journal Entry 7 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (6/14/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the June BookCrossing Meeting to pass on to a reader

Journal Entry 8 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 15, 2014
Grabbed at get together

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 11, 2016
I always liked Farley Mowat's writing style as a kid, and I still found his descriptions on a whole well done. This was an interesting journey that the young adults in the story went on, which was not quite the one I was expecting. It did a good job bring the different characters together, as well depicting a bit of the lives of the different people who lived on the land during that time period.

Thanks for the interesting read.

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 08, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/8/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, October 27, 2016
Passed this by Eri-Cheery. Love Farley Mowat. Will return it to her once read.