The Midnight Watch

by David Dyer | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by nordie of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 4/23/2016
Journal Entry 1 by nordie from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, April 23, 2016
Received from the publishers. Full review due out over at https://nordie.wordpress.com

Released 8 yrs ago (5/8/2016 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory. If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by Nordie. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.

Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it. In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on its journey

Journal Entry 3 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, May 12, 2016
Thank you very much for sending me this one. I think it looks very good. It's next up to be read so I will report back soon!

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 28, 2016
This was a really good tale as it focuses on a part of the titanic story that you don't hear about very much. I thought that the characters were very well written, particularly their fear and shame over the results of their actions (or lack thereof). In some ways the story is unresolved at the end, but I didn't mind this as it made it more realistic. Thanks very much for sending me this one Nordie.

Journal Entry 5 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, June 13, 2016
Bookfrogster was raving about this one so I quickly picked it up and will make sure it returns to The Old Gang as others were interested too.

Journal Entry 6 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, August 12, 2016
Totally and utterly fascinating read - certainly one of the best books I have read in quite a while ! The story had me hooked right from the start as I had never heard of the ''Californian'' and then I got side tracked to find out what was fact and what was fictionalised so I spent ages on the internet reading up. I liked the way it was split into the two stories ! It certainly was very well written and engaging !

Rushed to finish this tonight so I can take back to Edinburgh with me tomorrow !

Journal Entry 7 by kinedi at Edinburgh Book Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, August 12, 2016

Released 7 yrs ago (8/13/2016 UTC) at Edinburgh Book Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!

Journal Entry 8 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, August 19, 2016
Caught at Book Festival meet up. Thanks!

June 2023 Update
Well I guess I’m not going to get round to reading this, so it’s time to set it free.

Journal Entry 9 by Triggerfish at Canongate Books OBCZ in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (6/14/2023 UTC) at Canongate Books OBCZ in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to bookcrossing!
Please consider leaving a journal entry, anonymously if you wish, saying that you have the book.
I hope you enjoy the book.

(If you decide to pass the book on, be aware that charity shops are likely to discard it due to the writing inside.)