The President's Daughter: A Novel

by Mariah Stewart | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winglove2cookwing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 9/3/2011
Journal Entry 1 by winglove2cookwing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, September 03, 2011
Amazon Editorial Review
BLOODLINE

Dina McDermott is on top of the world. Attractive and independent at thirty, she runs her own business, funded by a generous inheritance. But an explosive chain of events will soon be set into motion—and her perfect life will spin out of control.

A journalist with a fearless instinct, Simon Keller believes he’s struck gold when he unearths an unsettling story about former president Graham Hayward, one that started with a secret affair and ended in tragedy. The trail leads Simon to Dina McDermott’s front door—and threatens to expose a parentage that would rock the political world. Shaken to her core by a shattering truth, Dina is suddenly thrust into the crosshairs of a cold-blooded killer—and on the run of her life.

Journal Entry 2 by winglove2cookwing at Pearland, Texas USA on Saturday, September 03, 2011
I enjoyed this mystery/romance story. With all the affairs going on in Washington, this story could have been plucked from the news of the day. A reporter with good character and instinct, weaves through the people connected to the crime and to the former President of the U.S. With a dangerous chain of events, caused by his investigating the life of the former President, his family and his mistress's hit and run death. The story takes some surprising and some not so surprising twists and turns. The illegitimate daughter of the former President, is shocked with the news of her birth mother and her father when she is 30 years old by the women who loved and raised her and who she called Mother all these years. I liked the ending..........................you will too.

This book is now reserved.

Journal Entry 3 by fathermurphy at Pearland, Texas USA on Monday, September 05, 2011
love2cook said I should read this book so she can put it in a upcoming bookbox. So I did. I don't know whether this was a romance or mystery, it had a little of both. All in all not a bad read. Returning it to love2cook.

Journal Entry 4 by winglove2cookwing at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (9/28/2011 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. Thanks for finding this book! I hope you enjoy reading it as I have and when you're done pass it along for the next dear reader. The best book is a shared book. Happy Reading! If you're new to Bookcrossing and decide to join, please use love2cook as your referring member. You may stay anonymous if you choose, but either way please leave a journal entry and let me know where this book has traveled!

I am putting this in bookstogive's "All in the Family" book box. Happy Traveling!!

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, October 04, 2011
This book looks rather intriguing, so it will go on Mt. TBR for now. I confess, though, that half the attraction for this was the wild release potential of it here in DC -- probably near the White House. So if I don't get to it in a reasonable length of time, I will set it free here in the Nation's Capitol.

Journal Entry 6 by wing6of8wing at The Ellipse in -- Parks (regional and national), District of Columbia USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (12/15/2011 UTC) at The Ellipse in -- Parks (regional and national), District of Columbia USA

After work I will headed to the National Christmas Tree on the Ellipse (known as the President's Back Yard). Since my house is currently overflowing with books, I need to release some and this seemed like a good one to set free in this location.

This counts as a release for the D is for December Release Challenge.

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. People who participate in the Book Crossing community often establish friendships and trade books or comments on books and just relish a relationship with other readers across the globe.

You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You don't have to read the book to create a journal entry nor do you have to feel obligated to write only positive things. All those who have had their hands on the book before you would be excited to read any journal entry you choose to make.

You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. If you join, you can receive e-mail updates about all the places this book travels to in the future. (I would love it if you listed me, 6of8, as your referring member).

Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!