The Universe Versus Alex Woods

Let your imagination fly
by Gavin Extence | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSoozreaderwing of Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on 3/18/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingSoozreaderwing from Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, March 18, 2016
From the back cover: Alex Woods knows that he hasn't had the most conventional start in life. He knows that growing up with a clairvoyant single mother won't endear him to the local bullies. He also knows that even the most improbable events can happen - he's got the scars to prove it. What he doesn't know yet is that when he meets ill-tempered, reclusive widower Mr Peterson, he'll make an unlikely friend. Someone who tells him that you only get one shot at life. That you have to make the best possible choices. So when, aged seventeen, Alex is stopped at Dover customs with 113 grams of marijuana, an urn full of ashes on the passenger seat, and an entire nation in uproar, he's fairly sure he's done the right thing.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, August 10, 2017
This was an interesting and touching story! And yet I struggled reading it... I think mainly because too often, in my opinion, the main character started telling about something just to say that he would not tell about the subject in question at that point after all. It happened so many times that for me it became quite annoying. When I got passed it, the story in itself was definitely a worthwhile read!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSoozreaderwing at on Thursday, August 10, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (8/10/2017 UTC) at

The book is on its way to the next reader as a part of the wishlist tag game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 19, 2017
This has arrived safely in Edinburgh. I began reading it yesterday evening and was up half the night as I couldn't put it down! Over half way through already. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 22, 2017
So this was great all the way from start to finish. I LOVED Alex's mother. I didn't mind the style of narration at all.

Journal Entry 6 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (8/21/2017 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to Chrissini as part of the wishlist tag game! Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingchrissiniwing at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Saturday, August 26, 2017
Thanks for tagging me and sending the book. :)