Freedom

by Jonathan Franzen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 8/24/2011
Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Purchased from amazon.co.uk because I loved Franzen's first book and saw a few friends raving about this one. I couldn't hold out any longer and needed to read it for myself.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, September 23, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed Franzen's first novel and had high expectation for this one. It didn't disappoint and I found the whole rollicking saga really engaging. Franzen manages to encompass the zeitgeist, the hot topics somehow without being too sentimental or mawkish.

I read the majority of this book while holiday in Devon, in a yurt, in a field in the middle of nowhere. The rest of it was read on the daily commute. I was able to immerse myself in Franzen's family values in both locations.

Can't wait to see what he produces next.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/25/2011 UTC) at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Left on the bookshelf in the cafe during the final day of our annual meetup (The Unconvention). It was a good weekend, thanks for having us Nottingham.