Bumped

Registered by ksloan23 of Lincoln, Nebraska USA on 8/22/2011
Journal Entry 1 by ksloan23 from Lincoln, Nebraska USA on Monday, August 22, 2011
Have been looking at this book for a while now. Finally bought it at the Borders closing sale.

Journal Entry 2 by ksloan23 at Colby, Kansas USA on Sunday, January 05, 2014
Interesting ideas. The world created by the author is fascinating. The slang used by characters is annoying at times. This is a real page turner with lots of plot twists. Each chapter leaves you hanging, wanting to read more.

Journal Entry 3 by ksloan23 at Colby, Kansas USA on Friday, August 01, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (7/30/2014 UTC) at Colby, Kansas USA

Posted to fellow BC'er as part of the teen VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, August 06, 2014
Was waiting at home after work - thanks so much, ksloan23! I look forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, July 22, 2015
This was a quick read and likely geared more towards older teens (16+) versus the more traditional teen reader. The theme is definitely mature and requires a level of understanding that may not make it enjoyable for younger readers. This is a dystopian world of the near future - a virus has almost totally infected the population and caused sterility by the age of 18. In this world, the ability to procreate is paramount and young girls (13 to 18) are encouraged to have babies, and now it's become acceptable to become a reproductive professional (RePro) - basically having babies for older couples that want them and can afford the price. The story revolves around identical twin sisters that were separated at birth - Melody has a more 'traditional' upbringing (if you can call being groomed from a young age to be a desirable birth mother normal) while her sister Harmony has been raised in a repressive church enclave, kept isolated for outside influences. There were 2 main male characters - Zen who's Melody's best friend and a wheeler-dealer and crushing heavily on Melody; and Jondoe, the male RePro selected for Melody and (at least for now) an unlikable manipulator. This was a good story and I would have rated it higher except I hated the ending. I don't mind stories that have a continuation but there was no sense of closure, it just stopped. I may read the next one but I'm not anxiously awaiting it - as a reader, I felt used by the author. Please respect the readers more than this.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, June 15, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/14/2019 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Releasing in box of YA books - enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by wingbamaforeverwing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Monday, June 17, 2019
Thank you so much for the box of YA books. This one looks really interesting.