One Day

by David Nicholls | Romance | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/22/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 24, 2011
'I can imagine you at forty,' she said, a hint of malice in her voice. 'I can picture it right now.' He smiled without opening his eyes. 'Go on then.'

15th July 1988. Emma and Dexter meet for the first time on the night of their graduation. Tomorrow they must go their separate ways.
So where will they be on this one day next year? And the year after that? And every year that follows? Twenty years, two people.....

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 22, 2012
I have to say I was a bit dubious about this book before I began, mainly as I remember when the film came out, the trailer seemed to be on constantly & I don't like to be told that I WILL enjoy something. Also, there are soooo many comments in the front praising it, too many to quote....but they are ALL true!

I smiled, I laughed & at one particular moment * gasped so loudly with shock my husband asked me what on earth was the matter! Truly wonderful :o)

*CARE - SPOILER!! Don't highlight before reading the book! You have been warned...

"Then Emma Mayhew dies, and everything that she thought or felt vanishes and is gone forever."

Isn't that just one of the most poignant lines you've ever read? *sniff*

Released 7 yrs ago (12/22/2012 UTC) at Grahamstown in A bookcrosser , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Passing to a friend at work - enjoy!

Released as part of the "D FOR DECEMBER" Challenge (#67)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)