Her Royal Spyness (A Royal Spyness Mystery)

by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingfraculawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 8/19/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingfraculawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Bowen, the Agatha winner responsible for the popular Molly Murphy series, has come up with another winner in her new heroine, Lady Georgina, the least important member of the royal family. Thirty-fourth in the line of succession, Georgie may have the title but none of the money. What's a girl to do? Well, in Georgie's case, she tries opening her own domestic agency, with herself as the only domestic. Even her brother, Binky, the duke, is barely holding on to the family castle in Scotland, and that hold becomes tenuous when a French rogue claims to have proof that Binky and Georgie's father gambled the homestead away before his suicide. So, when the Frenchie winds up drowned in the bathroom of Binky's Belgrave house, there's reason to worry. After Binky's arrest, Georgie feels it's up to her to find the real murderer, but soon she finds her own life threatened, repeatedly. The mystery jigs and jags, but the best part here is Bowen's evocation of 1930s England. Drawing on Georgie's diary entries, she vividly portrays what daily life between the wars was like for a modern young woman bumping up against tradition. Populated with lots of neatly delineated characters, including Mrs. Simpson and a sexy Irish lord attempting to help Georgie lose her burdensome virginity, this is a smashing romp.

Journal Entry 2 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 02, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (7/2/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Given to a potential new BookCrosser at our BC picnic at Confederation Park.
__________________________________
DEAR FINDER,

You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world.

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

1) You may continue as an Anonymous Finder. Or, Register as a member , then you too will receive future journal entries on this book and track its journey around the world! It's free and spam-free, as you are only known by your chosen nick name and no one is ever given your e-mail address. (If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, Fracula, as your referring member.)

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

4) Ready to pass the book on? Click on "make release notes" to let us know where it's going! Leave the book in a public place or give it to a friend! It's good book karma!

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our Facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 3 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 12, 2012
My first book crossing book! Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 26, 2012
Really fun and light read for all ages.

Journal Entry 5 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Handed off at today's BookCrossing meeting. Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, August 12, 2012
Picked this book up at the August meeting.

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013
Fun read. It pulled me in quickly and I like this character - spunky. Interesting with the royal connection - especially the Mrs. Simpson / the Queen aspect. I would enjoy reading another one.

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (4/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I hope that I make it to the April meeting at the Joshua Tree Café as I have just a few books to bring back. If not this month, next month will be a BIG haul.

Journal Entry 9 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 14, 2013
Picked this up at April's meeting. Once again I came home with way too many books! This one has been added to the very large to be read mountain...

Journal Entry 10 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (3/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

With another baby on the way, I have to purge my shelf a bit. I am returning this one to the group where it can find a new reader.

Journal Entry 11 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Picked up at the March meeting!

Journal Entry 12 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (6/8/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the June meeting!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 13 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2019
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing June meet-up. Sounds like a fun cozy.

Journal Entry 14 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 12, 2019
For a book called "Her Royal Spyness", there's not a lot of spying that goes on. I was expecting a story with the usual spy intrigue, but it's more a standard mystery with a teeny bit of spying at the end. Oh well, it was still a fun read. I might even care enough to check out the rest of the series.

Journal Entry 15 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (7/13/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing on this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing July meet-up.

Journal Entry 16 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2019
Safely in my hands

Journal Entry 17 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 19, 2019
Cute little cozy mystery about a 34 in line to the throne and her money making schemes to live. Of course without anyone knowing she is poor! Enjoyed reading on Gabriola island.

Journal Entry 18 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 14, 2019

Released 6 days ago (9/14/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 19 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 15, 2019
picked up at the Calgary September meeting