Blue Shoes and Happiness (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency )

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 8/9/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 09, 2011
From the back:

"Now that she is finally and happily married to her long-term suitor Mr J. L. B. Matekoni, Mma Ramotswe of the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency of Botswana might have expected life to grow more sedate. But the many problems that lead customers to Mma Ramotswe's door seem, if anything, to have multiplied, and no sooner has she settled her traditionally built person into the married state than she finds herself looking into several troublesome matters at once.

There is, to begin with, a disturbing case of blackmail and theft from the government catering college; then, while on an errand for her husband to the Mokolodi Game Reserve, Mma Ramotswe is seconded to investigate an unpleasant atmosphere that may be down to witchcraft - or something worse. And all the time Mma Ramotswe has weighty questions of a philosophical nature to consider, such as whether it is right to find happiness in small things like a new pair of blue shoes, a slice of cake or a red sunset over the Kalahari."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, July 02, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (7/2/2015 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Wishlist surprise!

Journal Entry 3 by katiko at Puumala, Etelä-Savo / Södra Savolax Finland on Monday, July 13, 2015
Suprise! Or actually 9,0909% of big suprise: I got 11 wishlist books from Annimanni.
I must be in the heaven.
Thanks Annimanni!!!

Journal Entry 4 by katiko at Puumala, Etelä-Savo / Södra Savolax Finland on Saturday, January 05, 2019
Set to "available" status, I read this in Finnish

Journal Entry 5 by katiko at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (8/17/2019 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

I'll take this book to the summer meet-up in Turku. I hope this will find a new reader there! (Didn't read this one, because I had also finnish version and I read that)

Journal Entry 6 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, August 18, 2019
Noticed that the book is on a Norwegian wishlist, so I'm taking it on a little late summer trip with me!

Journal Entry 7 by wingpippiswing at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (9/3/2019 UTC) at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Wishlist books deserve to travel! Happy reading!