Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen (Vintage)

Carpe Diem!★
by Christopher McDougall | Health, Mind & Body | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingFiregirlwing of Annandale, Virginia USA on 8/8/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Tuesday, August 23, 2011
From back cover: Isolated by Mexico's deadly Copper Canyons, the blissful Tarahumara Indians have honed the ability to run hundreds of miles without rest or injury.

In a riveting narrative, award-winning journalist and often-injured runner Christopher McDougall sets out to discover their secrets. In the process, he takes his readers from science labs at Harvard to the sunbaked valleys and freezing peaks across North America, where ever-growing numbers of ultra-runners are pushing their bodies to the limit, and, finally, to a climactic race in the Copper Canyons that pits America's best ultra-runners against the tribe. McDougall's incredible story will not only engage your mind but inspire your body when you realize that you, indeed all of us, were born to run.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing at Annandale, Virginia USA on Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/19/2018 UTC) at Annandale, Virginia USA

I really enjoyed this. Handed it off to a coworker who is a runner herself.

Journal Entry 3 by wingFiregirlwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Saturday, March 16, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (3/16/2019 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

This was returned to me. I handed it off again at today's BCinDC event.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, March 17, 2019
Picked up at today's BCinDC meetup at Silver Diner in Arlington, Virginia.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, December 22, 2019
A runner with foot pain is inspired to learn about people who run ludicrously long distances without injury, particularly the reclusive Tarahumara Native Mexican tribe in the Copper Canyons. His experiences are pretty cool and now I totally want to run an ultramarathon, but I confess I am pretty dubious of the magical powers of barefoot running and chia (I'm not dubious of some of their benefits, but I'm not convinced it's the panacea for everybody's feet everywhere).  Still, it was fun to get a glimpse inside the lives of people who thoroughly enjoy something I want to love but find terribly unpleasant.  But hey, maybe I just need to kick off my shoes!  Have some chia!  Eat salad for breakfast!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmelydiawing at Panera at 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at Panera at 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020
I selected this book at today's meetup so I can give it to from my friend from New Boston, New Hampshire. She and friends of hers are marathon runners.

Journal Entry 8 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at Rockville, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book to my friend from New Boston, New Hampshire.

-----------------------------

I'm releasing this book for...

***The 2020 Clean Start for the New Year Release Challenge hosted by NancyNova. This book's title contains the words ERA, AND and ACE.

----------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!