The Lincoln Lawyer. Michael Connelly

by Michael Connelly | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1409120465 Global Overview for this book
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 8/5/2011
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, August 05, 2011
I don't seem to have registered this from a while ago. The book of the film; now reading

(20/08) Very good, I thoroughly enjoyed this as a ripping read and fine example of the genre. I've not read anything similar since Grisham and have been away from the UK crime scene for a whole - as it were! This has all the ingredients; a street wise lead (Michael 'Micky' Haller, defense lawyer for LAs worst criminals and underclass), complicated family life (2 ex-wives), a fiendish plot, a sadistic rapist/killer and courtroom intrigue. I won't try and summarise the plot, but suffice to say it starts with a seemingly straightforward case for Haller although his hopes that a seemingly innocent client will provide a profitable 'franchise' doesn't work out as he expects. However, following a number of clever twists and developments, Haller ends up questioning the meaning of innocence & guilt and his own ethical code.

I've passed this on to my DD who's larning to be a solicitor or QC, probably not a US-style de-fense lawyer (sic)...'The Subaru Solicitor' maybe?

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (8/20/2011 UTC) at Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom

I hope she enjoys it and passes it on...

...well, yes and no! In fact DD has been inspired to get more of Connelly's books, so quite a recommendation. Now available to release or share

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (9/10/2011 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Taking along to today's meet-up to share or leave on the book shelf :)