Amelia (Penguin Classics)

by Henry Fielding | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by flewry of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 8/4/2011
Journal Entry 1 by flewry from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Thursday, August 04, 2011
From Amazon:

"With its combination of satire and sentiment, its focus on the seedy side of London life, and its unexpected shifts in tone, Amelia has intrigued and disturbed readers since its first publication. Eagerly awaited by Henry Fielding's eighteenth-century readers of Tom Jones, the novel perplexed many of them. Amelia counters the traditional courtship plot of eighteenth-century novels with its convincing portrayal of a marriage between an errant husband and his wife, and is ahead of its time in its depiction of the alienation of modern city life. "

Since I got an eReader I've been downsizing my TBRs that are in the public domain, because I can now acquire them for free! Although Tom Jones by the same author is one of my favorites, I've just never been able to muster any enthusiasm to read this. So, it is time for it to continue its travels.

I noticed it is on the 1001-Library wishlist, so I will be donating it to them.

Edit: Just realized I broke my own rules and did not make proper release notes, but booklady selected this from my 1001-Library VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Thanks so much for your donation flewry!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 09, 2011
Thanks, flewry, for the book. When I opened the book, I noticed how small the print is. I am sure I will enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, June 07, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/7/2018 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! off to BooksandMusic

Journal Entry 5 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Thank you very much. It went to my old address which is what caused the delay.