Running the Amazon

by Joe Kane | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 067972902x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingthegoaliegirlwing of Vancouver, Washington USA on 7/28/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Thursday, July 28, 2011
Thank you for finding this book and welcome to bookcrossing! Bookcrossing is a wonderful place to share your love of reading with people all over the world. If you decide to register instead of remaining anonymous, when someone else journals this book you will get an e-mail notification. It is a lot of fun to follow the travels of a book that passed through your hands. Again, welcome to bookcrossing!

Released 8 yrs ago (9/8/2011 UTC) at Thegoaliegirl's Travel Narrative bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

The fall '11 travel narrative bookbox is on the move.

Journal Entry 3 by rem_LovesOU at Carrollton, Texas USA on Friday, December 06, 2013
Placing into Debbie4osu's non fiction VBB. A great little read. I found Joe Kane a great author of his time on the Amazon. I certainly will never, ever venture a kayak into the Amazon so I was glad to live it through him.

Journal Entry 4 by rem_LovesOU at Carrollton, Texas USA on Sunday, January 12, 2014
Off to Missouri City, TX as requested from the non fiction vbb. Hope you enjoy the read as much as I did!

Journal Entry 5 by rem_LovesOU at Carrollton, Texas USA on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (1/18/2014 UTC) at Carrollton, Texas USA

Sending to a fellow Texas resident. This book was so well written. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. This is part of Debbie4osu's non fiction vbb.

Journal Entry 6 by weiterferne at Houston, Texas USA on Friday, January 31, 2014
Book arrived as it seems safely. (It had a note from the post office that it had become unwrapped and who to contact if I miss anything from the parcel, but I believe there wasn't anything in there but a book.)

When I was a child I always dreamed of kayaking one of the long rivers in Russia. Of course I never did. But looking forward to read a book of somebody who had a similar dream for the Amazon in another part of this world.

Journal Entry 7 by weiterferne at Houston, Texas USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2014
Fascinating travel story from the end of the 80s. Probably a lot has changed at the Amazon since then.

The first part is whitewater and seeing the photos and reading the description it is still amazing on how they were able to tackle the river with what would be 'old school' equipment these days. The second part seakayaking big big water is impressive as well.