The Radleys

by Matt Haig | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingReetPetitewing of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 7/25/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 25, 2011
Life with the Radleys: Radio 4, dinner parties with the Bishopthorpe neighbours and self-denial. Loads of self-denial. But all hell is about to break loose. When teenage daughter Clara gets attacked on the way home from a party, she and her brother Rowan finally discover why they can't sleep, can't eat a Thai salad without fear of asphyxiation and can't go outside unless they're smothered in Factor 50. With a visit from their lethally louche uncle Will and an increasingly suspicious police force, life in Bishopthorpe is about to change. Drastically.
Matt Haig's website:

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 29, 2011
Loved this, I'd read more about the Radleys. They try to fit in with normal people but you know that it'll go wrong.
This book is set in Yorkshire so keeping for the 'Yorkshire Day Exchange'

Journal Entry 3 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Sent to Plum-Crazy. Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Thanks ReetPetite for this "Yorkshire" book. I read Matt Haig's "The Last Family in England" some years ago & although I really enjoyed it, I haven't read anything else by him since....this one looks like a book I'll enjoy :o)

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 20, 2011
A very enjoyable read - certainly a different take to the usual vampire tales! I loved the style & humour of the book, & the short chapters (I like spotting the chapter heading in the actual chapter - sad aren't I?! -didn't find When Someone Fell off a Bicycle in 1983 though!!) with extracts from "The Abstainer's Handbook" popping up here & there...& there's even an Abstainer's Glossary if you need to check the difference between OBT & OVA!

Read as part of the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE (#107)

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Reserved for the Spook-tacular Halloween Challenge

Journal Entry 7 by wingPlum-crazywing at By hand, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (10/24/2011 UTC) at By hand, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Passing onto KawasakiBabe when we meet up - think she might enjoy this (hope so anyway!)

Released as part of the 2011 ULTIMATE CHALLENGE - themed "Halloween" release for October & the SPOOK-TACULAR Challenge (#24)

Journal Entry 8 by KawasakiBabe at Todmorden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 24, 2011
Plum-crazy and I had our 2nd mini-meet today, and a "pilgrimage" to Todmorden to delve into the pile of books Sterile is so focused on releasing in the waiting room.
Had a fab afty, and came home with about 3 times as many books as I took with me!

Thanks Plum-crazy. xx

Journal Entry 9 by KawasakiBabe at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 10, 2011
Loved this. I loved Rowan's transformation nearly as much as I loved Clara's. Rowan is, and no doubt always will be, the good guy, and now he's got the princess of his dreams, he's going to be king of his world.
But Clara - she is going to be just like her Uncle Will. I mean, what chance does a vegan have who finds out BY ACCIDENT! she's a very thirsty vamp. She may have saved her Mum's life, and get Vampire Blood on "prescription" from her Dad to keep her urges in check - but the clues are there, she's going to be trouble. Lock up your sons!
Not sure whether to release wild or controlled, yet. watch this space.
(Thanks Plum-crazy x)

Journal Entry 10 by KawasakiBabe at A Wishlist RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/11/2011 UTC) at A Wishlist RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to chocdrop as a RABCK.
(It started its life with one of your friends - what a coincidence!)

Hope you enjoy it - it's a good laugh.

Journal Entry 11 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 14, 2011
Thank you, KawasakiBabe, for granting one of my wishes. I'm been looking forward to reading this book for a while.

A book will be winging its way to you very shortly!

Journal Entry 12 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 04, 2012
I loved this book. I do hope we get more from Matt Haig. I would like to see how the teenage Radleys develop and find out more about Eve and her father.

Thank you again KawasakiBabe for sending this to me - it was a great way to start 2012!

Journal Entry 13 by chocdrop at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/4/2012 UTC) at ~ An Exchange!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Posting to kingfan30 who kindly sent me Shadows of the Workhouse as a RABCK last year.

Journal Entry 14 by kingfan30 at Corby Glen, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 06, 2012
Thank you so much for sending this, I look forward to reading it :)

Journal Entry 15 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 14, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (2/14/2014 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

I have handed this one to a friend at work.