Catwings

by Ursula K. Le Guin | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ideadensity of Middletown, Connecticut USA on 9/19/2003
Journal Entry 1 by ideadensity from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Friday, September 19, 2003
I hope someone enjoys this. It's a nice story with beautiful illustrations.

Released on Friday, September 19, 2003 at Guida's Dairy Restaurant on RT 66 in Middlefield, Connecticut USA.

Left book outside in a windowbox amongst flowers.

Journal Entry 3 by Lizabeth86 from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Saturday, September 20, 2003
Caught this book after seeing it listed in the Go hunting page. Picked it up at Guida's about 1:15 Saturday afternoon where it was left in a window box among the flowers. What a great place to leave it. I was a bit surprised it was still there since the place was packed with people inside and outside. I will read and than release so someone else can enjoy it. Looks like a cute little book for a fun read.

Journal Entry 4 by Lizabeth86 at Nature Preserve, Randolph Rd. in Middletown, Connecticut USA on Sunday, September 21, 2003
Released on Sunday, September 21, 2003 at Middletown Nature Gardens in Middletown, Connecticut USA.

Left on a bench at the entrance of the Gardens. Gardens located off of Randolph Rd

Journal Entry 5 by BradMTown from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Monday, September 22, 2003
Hello,

I caught this book on the bench at the Middletown Nature Preserve off of Randolph Road in Middletown, Connecticut on Sunday, September 21, 2003 at approximately 3:00pm. I went there to do some reading, as I have occassion to do and from the corner of my eye I saw the book there. I went over to it and picked it up and then read it. It was kind of weird that I should find it as recently I have lost several childhood pets who were cats. I had these pets for a great number of years, one for over 19 years, and of course instantly it made me think of the family of cats that had filled my life for so many years. It may sound silly but the story did make me cry and I thought to myself how sad children's books can be. Of course, there is a very happy element to the book that other readers would likely catch, it all depends on your mood at the time and what is going on in your life. Either way it was a nice surprise. I didn't know about bookcrossing.com until I found the book. I have the book on me now and intend to release it. I am considering sending it to a friend in Washington, D.C. who loves cats and who could release it there. D.C. isnt very wild but they have small parks and benches and someone could find it in a similar manner as I found it. It would be neat to see the book travel afar. I hope this is ok with everyone.