Note: Book successfully released. Release Another book to this location!
 –

The Snake, The Crocodile and the Dog

by Elizabeth Peters | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1841194840 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 7/17/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 17, 2011
I'll be spending the weekend of 23 - 25 September 2011 at UK Unconvention in Nottingham. In preparation I've been reading every book written by the three booked authors that I can lay my hands on and registering books to release at the venue. In a fit of enthusiasm I've decided to cull all the Elizabeth Peter novels from my keeper shelves and make them available to new readers. I thoroughly enjoyed this amusing series featuring the formidable Amelia Peabody Emerson and her family, willingly recommending them :-)

Amazon Editorial Review: "In Amelia's seventh adventure, she and Emerson take passage on a boat travelling up the Nile, enjoying a second honeymoon while they search for Nefertiti's tomb. On the other hand, they might be heading towards murder. An exotic slave woman, a Siamese cat and a den of conspirators unite to snatch away Amelia's happiness unless she reveals a certain secret...and at the remote dig in Amarna what she uncovers is a shocking present-day peril: the loss of treasures far more precious than any antiquity - her husband's love or both their lives!"

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (9/23/2011 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

This is one of the many books I'm planning to make available over the weekend of the 2011 UK Unconvention - to other BookCrossers at the Britannia Hotel and/or more widely on the Sunday morning release walk. If you've found it, I'll hope you'll be as entertained by it as I was :-) Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Paws4Books at In the forest in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 18, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/19/2011 UTC) at In the forest in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Going along to Salcey forest for a bookcrossing meet and taking some books to release whilst i'm there.

Hello and welcome to Bookcrossing!
Thanks for picking up this book. Treat it nicely, enjoy reading it and let everyone know what you thought of it here; you can be anonymous if you like or you might want to join Bookcrossing, if you do you can follow the book's onward journey. Then, pass it on when the time is right.

Journal Entry 4 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 19, 2011
Hi Nu-knees! Picked this up at Salcey today and didn't realise who registered it until I got home. Thanks for releasing this Ekranda, I love the formidable heroine and the laugh I get when people try to cope with her..

Journal Entry 5 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Ooohh, dastardly doubling crossings, devilish deeds and Ms Peabody in top form. Not a festive read, but great for those trying to escape the festive season. Thanks for strting this on its journey, Nu-knees, and for passing it on, Ekranda.

Journal Entry 6 by millycat at Dolphin Cafe in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (12/19/2012 UTC) at Dolphin Cafe in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Re-stocking the shelves.