The A. B. C. Murders (A Hercule Poirot Novel)

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 042513024X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingperryfranwing of Elk Grove, California USA on 7/15/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingperryfranwing from Elk Grove, California USA on Friday, July 15, 2011
The ABC Murders - Hercule Poirot, Bk 12 - aka The Alphabet Murders
Author: Agatha Christie
Alice Ascher, a shopkeeper in Andover, is bludgeoned to death at her place of work. Next to die is Miss Bernard in Bexhill, then Mr. Clarke in Churston. More disturbing than the alphabetic sequence of the killings or the ABC Railway guide that the killer leaves at the scene of each crime are the taunting notes Hercule Poirot receives each time the killer is about to strike again. It is one of Poirot's most challenging cases yet.

One of my favorite Christies. Very enjoyable.

Journal Entry 2 by wingperryfranwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, March 04, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (3/4/2012 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Sending to oliviapoolside - a selection from the Mystery/Thrillers VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, March 11, 2012
Thanks for sending it!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, January 02, 2013
This book was published in 1936?! I noticed that they didn't have cell phones but the story didn't seem dated to me at all. Very enjoyable mystery with a nice twist at the end. Timeless I guess this book would be called.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/28/2013 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Selected from the Alphabet VBB by Lauraloo29 up in Edmonton. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2013
Arrived safe and sound yesterday. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 20, 2019
Sigh. I couldn't get into this book. I will look for a new home for it.

Journal Entry 8 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 19, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (5/22/2019 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK to sirly. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingsirlywing at Linkenheim-Hochstetten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, June 07, 2019
Arrived safely today.
Thank you so much for this RABCK!

As I just finished my recent novel last night, I think I might start reading this one stat ;-)

Journal Entry 10 by wingsirlywing at Linkenheim-Hochstetten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, June 12, 2019
My first book by Agatha Christie. And I really like it!
After watching the new version of "The Orient Express" this year, I'd decided to give the books a chance and I wasn't disappointed!
Very captivating and exciting!
Needed a moment to get used to the kind of English it was written in, but after that it was an easy and enthralling read.
Thanks for sending me this book. :-)
Now my husband has already announced he wants to read it as well.

Journal Entry 11 by wingsirlywing at Linkenheim-Hochstetten, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, July 07, 2019
After my husband and I have now both read the book, another BookCrossing member has already declared her interest in reading the book.