It's a New Year

Forum » BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
... for most of you, all over the world. And it's the end of one that has been difficult in many ways. Some of you have lost family or friends, many have lost income; almost everyone has lost precious time that would otherwise have been spent in the company of others. We hope that, throughout this boring yet stressful year, books have been a constant source of peace of mind for you... and that BookCrossing has been able to contribute to that, in a smaller or larger way.

We're wishing for a year that will bring smiles back to people's faces, and loved ones back into each others arms. We're wishing you a joyful, healthy, happy 2021 with lots of good books, and we hope you'll be around, here on BookCrossing, to live through this year together with us.

The pandemic has left its marks on BookCrossing, too; the biggest impact has been, and still is, on shipping times for BookCrossing supplies. Shipping overseas from the EU is not something we can take for granted anymore; there's so few planes flying and there is so much mail being sent that it is now routinely being sent by ship instead, resulting in delays of up to a month... sometimes even longer. Please be patient with us, as we cannot do anything about it, and we're doing what we can to live through these crazy times.

Unfortunately, since shipping can be so unpredictable at the moment, we've decided not to run this year's edition of the BookCrossing Day Contest. Instead, we'll be diverting all available resources towards replacing the outdated (and now broken) Bookplate Generator.
However, we will make the existing BookCrossing Day bookplates and stickers available in the Store as from this weekend.

Here's to a brand new, better year... and to books, and to all of us. Happy New Year!

Here's to a brand new, better year... and to books, and to all of us. Happy New Year!

I'll drink to that! And thanks for all you do to keep the site going!

I'll drink to that! And thanks for all you do to keep the site going!

I join GoryDetails.
Happy New Year!

All the best for 2021

Thanks for all you do. Even though I’m not currently releasing, I come to the BookCrossing site every day and can’t wait till it feels safe to be actively releasing again.

Happy New Year to all!

We're wishing for a year that will bring smiles back to people's faces, and loved ones back into each others arms. We're wishing you a joyful, healthy, happy 2021 with lots of good books, and we hope you'll be around, here on BookCrossing, to live through this year together with us.

Amen.

thanks!

Keep on releasing books so there would be enough to read for all

Happy New Year to Bookcrossers everywhere! Books have been a great comfort during 2020, and so have many people here. I think that the next few months are going to be even tougher, but hope and pray that we will all get through x

I would have been lost without books !

Congratulations on making it this far!

I wish all the bookcrossing group the best for the new year!
I am new in this experience, I've a little shelf for book exchange in Florence, Italy.
Alice

Happy New Year Ballycumber and all your helpers. Here’s to a happy and safe 2021.

Let's hope 2021 makes us all feel better. X

yes,I would have been lost without books, top, definetely,for sure. Bookcrossing is an outrageous and probabely sometimes even lifesaving project, and hopefully it will remain for long times. I'm surrounded by books as well, and there are times that they surely save ones live in different kinds and wises; still and always. A good year to all, Inspiration, good ideas and in all wises, strawflower, heublume'.

Ah well, I'm happy time will be spent working on the BookPlate generator, and even though we can't have a 2021 BookCrossing Day bookplate made, I'll still be hosting an event where books are given away on International Bookcrossing Day in April. I'd love for it to be manned (or womanned) by BCers, but I managed to host it 'unmanned' last year so I know it will go ahead regardless as people love to find free books.
Thank you for trying to do what you do, and even though 2020 has caused massive upheavals, we'll all remember the time as the year where Covid affected everything, including International Bookcrossing Day 2021 labels and bookplates. Years from now we will say 'remember that year that Covid affected everything?' and we'll know it by what is missing from the BC records. History in creation peoples :-)

I can't wait to see the Bookplate Generator working again, an improved version even more welcomed!

Thanks for all the hard work!

To the Bookcrossing team & all Bookcrossers

I like the new redesign by the way. Here is to a health and happiness for all in 2021!

Books are pretty much all that got me through 2020. so much tough stuff going on in my life even beyond pandemic and quarantine. Am happy to have a number of LFLs in the area that seem always in need of some books so i've continued to release to those. totally wild releasing still seems light years away but i certainly look forward to the day i can do that again - especially since with it comes travel (for me anyway).

May each of you have a safe and healthy year ahead with much happiness.

I'm not very optimistic about 2021 but have high hopes for a Happy New 2022!
Fingers crossed that BookCrossing survives that long . . .
Good luck and good health to all who are working hard towards that aim. You are much appreciated :-)

Books, BookCrossing and Bookcrossers have helped make 2020 bearable for me. I have also kept some non BookCrossing friends and family stocked up with books which they have appreciated.

May 2021 be a better year for everyone.

thanks for all you do. I've still been able to release books at the many LFL's in our area. Our OBCZ is still available but not active currently. I've read more this year and have enjoyed visiting this site more than I've been able to in the past. The Fun N Games forum has been a nice distraction. The books I receive I also share with some non BC friends.
Here's to a better year for us all.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.