CLOSED 2020 BookCrossing 24 hour Readathon

Forum » BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
See the Fun & Games forum for posting during the readathon:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/29
—————————————————————————-
** Read a page, a chapter, a book, or several**
Following on from last year’s BookCrossing 24 hour Readathon, we are excited to announce the dates for 2020 as Saturday April 18th!

Given the vast spread of BookCrossers around the world, the aim is that from 12:01am - 11:59pm Pacific Time Zone (PDT), there will be a BookCrosser somewhere in the world who is reading a book as part of this Readathon!

In light of the current global situation, with many countries having declared compulsory self-isolation, this is a brilliant opportunity for the BookCrossing community to virtually come together to chat and read along with fellow BookCrossers, and knock some books off your Mount To Be Read mountains.

What we want to know right now is:
1) are you participating?
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you?
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos?
4) where in the world are you?

- Note: all BC24HrReadathon related posts will be posted in the Fun and Games forum. If that is a forum you have hidden using your Wings option to filter your topic list, make sure you add it back in.
- Note: As this was an FAQ last year: to participate, you are not expected to read for 24 hours (although we will cheer you on if this is a challenge you set for yourself!), rather we'd like you to check in at some point within the Readathon's 24 hour window, to let us know that you are reading and where in the world you are.

See what time the Readathon starts where you are: https://www.timeanddate.com/---/fixedtime.html?...

Event countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/---/generic?...

I'm in.

ETA: When I tried to add this to my phone's calendar, it kept changing it to Readathin.

If only we could read ourselves thin!

Forgot to say, I'm in Maine USA.

wingMoriquenwing 2 mos ago
I'm in!
I'll be posting pictures on Instagram through my account @abelebib_bookcrossing and probably also on Facebook @Abelebib. I'll be mainly using these places to share pictures. Feel free to reshare if you like the pictures. And last but not least: I'm in Belgium.

I'll be posting pictures on Instagram through my account @abelebib_bookcrossing and probably also on Facebook @Abelebib. I'll be mainly using these places to share pictures. Feel free to reshare if you like the pictures. And last but not least: I'm in Belgium.

Oh, I follow you on Instagram!! Nice to meet you

Oh, I follow you on Instagram!! Nice to meet you

Haha, so cool! Nice to meet you too!

I participated last year, I'm in Canberra, Australia.
I will post on the forum and Instagram @rosemarywoldhuis

I will post on instagram @kati.salov
and i’m in zürich, switzerland📚🤓

wingLeishaCamdenwing 2 mos ago
I'm in!
I am in Norway. I will post on Instagram @leisha_camden

Not done it before, but I'm in the UK. I'll only be on Facebook, but I'll try and checkin on the forum too.

Nordpirat 2 mos ago
I'm in!
I'm in Stockholm, Sweden. I participated last year as well and I really enjoyed it!
I will be posting on facebook and in the bc-forum.

MLA 2 mos ago
I'm in
(for the first time). I will be posting on Twitter, @BookPostCrosser. I'm in Norway.

I'm in. I will post in the forum and may share photos on Instagram @nimrodiel.

I'm in the USA, and have already been tackling my TBR.mountain over the last two weeks of our shelter in place order/school closing (we closed before the governor issued all schools closed then the state shut down). It's nice to be getting older books read, but since I'm not wild releasing currently my piles are just shifting around the room.

my piles are just shifting around the room.
HAHAHAHAHA🤣...isn't that the TRUTH, nimrodiel...although in my case, the books are shifting piles throughout the entire HOUSE!!!📚📕📖📚📗📖📚📘📖📚📙📖📚
Given the vast spread of BookCrossers around the world, the aim is that from 12:01am - 11:59pm Pacific Time Zone (PDT), there will be a BookCrosser somewhere in the world who is reading a book as part of this Readathon!
I will DEFinitely be one of those who will be reading a book for at least part of this Readathon I have been very much looking forward to, as I will be doing some more reading in a book I received as a RABCK from fellow Bookcrosser, smhamn...THANK YOU AGAIN!!!...that was written by yet aNOTHer fellow Bookcrosser, 4libros...co edited my her husband, who is yet aNOTHER fellow Bookcrosser, Peregrin...in 4libros' memory.
🦉Owl Feathers by Robin Payton. 😇
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/566626

What we want to know right now is:
1) are you participating?👉ABsoLUTEly!!!
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you?👉I do not have time to participate in Social Media.
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum and perhaps use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos?👉I will take part by posting in the Fun and Games Forum, but will not be able to post photos.
4) where in the world are you?👉Mesa, Arizona, USA

1) are you participating? YES
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? YES. Instagram (@p_h)
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum and perhaps use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? NO
4) where in the world are you? MALAYSIA

My second time in this funny challenge. I will be posting on facebook and in the bc-forum.

I'll be participating, my Instagram page is @abigibby2 , and yes I do intend to share a couple of photos

My IG is sonja_rosita on case you want to follow my readathon :)

I'll post pictures of whatever I'm reading on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook:
ChrysSchlapak/Cassandra2020/Chrys Schlapak

wingtigergirlnzwing 2 mos ago
I'm in!
I'll be participating from Napier, New Zealand (and reading as MANY hours I can). The only Social Media I do is this website and GoodReads so I'll just be posting in the forum.
Now to find the perfect 'can't put it down even to sleep' book and save it...!

Im in. Sounds Nice! I will only post in the BC forum.
Im in Norway.

I most certainly love a readathon to connect with our fellow BCers, especially now that the BC Con is postponed.

I'll post on Instagram @azukibc, and on the forum here. I am quarantined here in Florida USA.

Hooray! I'm looking forward to this. I'm in the UK and I'll be posting here. I'm on Twitter @CalligraphyKate but that's all still rather new to me!

I'll try and take part but I haven't worked out twitter yet.

I'm in 😘📖 Cannot wait to participate.

I will be posting via Bookcrossing, Instagram (swirly52), Twitter (pen44agent)

I will post in the Forum and possibly Flickr.

I am in Brampton Ontario Canada

I'll join too. Maybe I will post something on Instagram. Or maybe just here on Bookcrossing.

I’ll be participating from Canada over on Instagram! (@pagesabouttown)

I will try to take part. That is: I love reading, but even though we're practicing social distancing, our schedules keep changing unexpectedly..

Having said that, I'll be joining from The Netherlands on Instagram (@boekenwurm71)

wingleah152wing 2 mos ago
I'm in!!
I'll be joining from Bunbury, Western Australia :O) I'll post on Facebook (Leah Sawkins) & here :O)

wingJemmaJwing 2 mos ago
I'm in too!
I will be participating this year; last year I wasn't able to due to my work commitments - this year is different!

I'll be posting on my personal IG account (@JemmaJH) - feel free to share any of my posts!

I'm in Northamptonshire, UK

wingMankyiwing 2 mos ago
I'm in!
1) are you participating? YES
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? YES, on instagram - kat.gehrig
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? only in the forum
4) where in the world are you? Zurich, Switzerland

I'm in! I haven't had the chance before but this year as my trip to Australia got cancelled I think I am entiteled to some reading time on this date.

I'm in Sweden!

I will post in stories on instagram - @swedishelis
I will post on twitter - @evalisas

What type of posts are required? Times when I read or just a fun update of me reading?

BabyYoda 2 mos ago
I'm in!
1) Yes
2) No
3) No
4) USA, Georgia

mink_risa 2 mos ago
I'm in.
YES
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you?
FB @ Mink Chaisuparat
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos?
Maybe
Bangkok,Thailand

I'm excited for my first BookCrossing 24 hour Readathon! Unfortunately, I don't really use social media, but I'll make sure to spread the word however I can. From NC - Emma

Yes
No
No
I'm in Málaga/Spain

I plan to check in at some stage during the 24 hours. I'm in Sydney, Australia.

I have several social media accounts but I'll probably post on Instagram (user name = @awaywithfairy1).

wing-seawind-wing 1 mo ago
I'm in!
I'm relatively new to Bookcrossing and this will be my first time participating in a readathon.
I will be posting in BC-forum and/or Instagram @seawind82
I'm in Finland.

katttg 1 mo ago
Me too
I'm new to this and will be participating in Minneapolis, Minnesota!
It's on a Saturday, and my family celebrates Shabbot, so I will not be posting on social media about it, but I will be reading for sure.

I would like to participate!
I am @hiddeninabook on Instagram and Twitter, and located in Oslo, Norway.

Photo up on my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/---/B_HxpBLA76g/?...

There will be a reading vlog on my YouTube channel eventually as well.

I'm in. First time. Will probably just post in Forum. I'm in California, your time zone. Will post only when I need a break from reading!

1) are you participating? Yes!
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? Yes, I will post on Instagram under the account Akverbatim8.
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? I probably will not share photos.
4) where in the world are you? I am in Berlin, Germany!

this is sooooo cool! Since I will be stuck in lockdown, I surely want to take part to this!
Here my answers:
I'll be posting via Twitter, using #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - my nick is @ViperPre
I am just outside Novara, Italy

kiloecho 1 mo ago
I’m in!
I have lots of books in my to read shelves!
I’ll be posting on Twitter @jaredkelsey

San Antonio, Texas, USA

wingshawing 1 mo ago
I'm in!
Not so sunny San Diego. I have 3 books that I can't wait to finish because they are horrible!

Not so sunny San Diego. I have 3 books that I can't wait to finish because they are horrible!

LOL!!!

As an 'essential employee' I'll be at work part of the day, but I plan to participate during my downtime.
IG @spirashighsummoner
TW @FFXFadedDreams
Rockwell, North Carolina

1) are you participating? Hell, yeah!
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? Yes, I will be posting on Twitter (@HorrorAdrian and IG: @horror_adrian
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? Just in the forum
4) where in the world are you? Roswell, New Mexico!

I'm in, too, Twitter @meajesocial
London, UK

I’m in!

1) are you participating? Yes!

2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? Possibly on FaceBook or Instagram

3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? I won’t be sharing photos, I don’t use either of those platforms, but I’ll take part in the forum here on BC.

4) where in the world are you? Minneapolis, MN USA

I'm in
I'll be posting on the BC forum only
I'm in Silver Spring, Maryland USA

Saw this just in the nick of time- it's already April 13. I would have been so sad if I'd missed it! Not sure what I'll be reading, but it will be a good excuse to get through a book so I have something to release on International BookCrossing Day April 21. (Sadly, reading time has been scarce for me recently.)
1) I'm in! As luck would have it, I took the day off work to 'attend ' a conference (virtually, of course!). The conference is just a daytime thing, so I will be able to set aside a couple of hours to read in the evening.
2) I'll post on Facebook using the hashtag. (Fun fact: I just learned about hashtags for this event last year.) My name is Heather Wrigley. I don't use Twitter nor Instagram.
3) I will also post in the Readathon forum if I remember.
4) I'm in Calgary, Alberta (Mountain Daylight Time, GMT-7).
Looking forward to it!

Yes.
No.
Only on the forum.
Paris, France.

just found the fun and games thread, also I might post on facebook under the name Sheila Kreysler, let the games begin!

I'm in. From Guadalajara (Spain). In facebook, Belén Saura.

Derwoodsman here in, of all places, Derwood, Maryland, USA. I will participate, and possibly post on instagram. I have no idea what the third question means. I'm a reader, not a techie. Read on!

1. I'll be taking part.
2. I may post on Facebook, but not Instagram or Twitter
3. Forum only
4. In the UK - Essex
I'm only currently reading 4 books - I might get one or two of them finished.

I will read during the first hour, which is for me 8 in the morning. The I will read during the day and evening off and on, whenever time allows.

Then will let you know I have done it on the Fun and Games thread.

I am in North Yorkshire, England.

Yes, I love this idea and look forward to taking part.
I'll post on Facebook (catherine.petrini)
I'll be on the BC Forum as well.
I'm in the U.S. - Alexandria, VA, near Washington, D.C.

I'll participate! (My life's a readathon, pretty much, so I don't often sign up for specific ones, but as it's not going to be possible to do my usual multi-state road trip for BookCrossing Day I'd like to try some alternative ways to celebrate.) Will post in the forums, with photos on Flickr; am also on Facebook (Elizabeth Rust). Am in New Hampshire, USA.

I'll participate! (My life's a readathon, pretty much, so I don't often sign up for specific ones, but as it's not going to be possible to do my usual multi-state road trip for BookCrossing Day I'd like to try some alternative ways to celebrate.) Will post in the forums, with photos on Flickr; am also on Facebook (Elizabeth Rust). Am in New Hampshire, USA.

good to see some of my challenge buddies in the readathon! Stay safe!

Reno, Nevada, USA here! I’m in! I’m making my way through a bunch of ARCs I picked up at the last librarian conference I attended back in January. Currently working on THE LAST SUMMER OF ADA BLOOM so i’ll either start there or with THE CHILDREN’S BLOCK on Saturday. I’ll share to Instagram (@thingamabrarian).

wingInge1990wing 1 mo ago
I'm in!
1) are you participating? --> Yes!

2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you?-- > instagram @leeskipje

3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? --> nope

4) where in the world are you?--> Rhenen, Utrecht, The Netherlands!

Staceytew 1 mo ago
I'm in
hey, ill join this! Ill be found on my Instagram account books_lover_of_pages looking forward to it! I'm from Leicester UK.

Count me in! Was finding it hard to read a couple of weeks ago but back in full swing now!
Ill post via Facebook and attempt to via instagram @youngkaz from Slough, UK

aatefe 1 mo ago
I’m in
It’s the first time for me :)

I’ll post just on instagram, @atfgrj

I live in Tehran,Iran

wingiiwiwing 1 mo ago
RE: I’m in
It’s the first time for me :)
I’ll post just on instagram, @atfgrj
I live in Tehran,Iran

What do you do, when bookcrossing in Iran, if I may ask?

I’ve wild released some books, but the founders didn’t announce and I gave up. But I participate in a Persian group which is mostly the same as bookcrosding, we lend books for free to people in the streets.
Iranians don’t know Bookcrossing well :(

My instagram is @jantineronde, but it's private. I think I can tag though? so maybe then it'll be visible? (I really have no clue...)
I'll read in Tilburg, the Netherlands

I'll stick to a couple of chapters from just one book if that's okay. ;-)

1) I will participate
2) I'll post on twitter, @AylaMey
3) I'm not even sure I'll be posting on the forum. I will post a picture on Twitter of what I'm reading
4) I'm Dutch and living in Utrecht, The Netherlands

Hi All

Just finished my last school assignment of the semester an hour ago, which means I am free to read something of my own choosing. Looking forward to a full day of book related stuff tomorrow -- I am planning on books set in exotic locations in order to soothe my shattered travel dreams

1) are you participating? DEFINITELY
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? Probably -- I am cheryl6of8 on Instagram, don't tweet or FB
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? I will try to remember to post something on the forum, but I may forget because I will be BUSY READING A BOOK! (so happy about that!)
4) where in the world are you? Silver Spring, MD, USA -- a few miles from SqNutZips, right in the heart of our local hot zone :(

I’ll be participating in the USA (Maryland) posting on Twitter as @MomOyster

1) YIP - I think I have a better idea how to join in this year, reading whenever time allows.
2) Possibly may post on Facebook, but I am not on Instagram or Twitter.
3) I will post on the BC Fun & Games FORUM!
4) I am Scottish and reading in Edinburgh, Scotland! - HELLO WORLD!

I'm in,
posting something on flickr (https://www.flickr.com/---/49787515286/ ). And on BC fun&games.
I'm in Berlin, Germany

I'm reading Owl Feathers by Robin Payton aka 4libros
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15824969

https://www.flickr.com/---/49787515286/
Starting with Hilary Mantel's The Mirror & the Light...

Now I’m reading Arja Saijonmaa En ung naken kvinna.
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15524330/

1) Yes, second time!
2) Mostly twitter @alkalinekiwi but probably also Instagram @alkalinekiwireads
3) See above
4) Auckland, New Zealand

First book I'm going to read (or finish reading as I'm already 1/3 through is The Gentleman's Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzi Lee. Is a novella I got from the library before the lockdown.

Note: all BC24HrReadathon related posts will be posted in the Fun and Games forum. If that is a forum you have hidden using your Wings option to filter your topic list, make sure you add it back in.

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/567618

1) are you participating? Yes
2) will you be posting via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook using the #BC24HrReadathon hashtag - and if so, let us have your username so we can follow you? Yes, Twitter https://twitter.com/EricaE17
3) do you intend to take part only in the forum, or perhaps also use a platform such as Imgur or Flickr to share photos? Just the forum
4) where in the world are you? London UK. I may read in the queue for the supermarket

I'm participating.
From Lausanne, Switzerland. Current local time 13H05
I've been reading for 2 hours this morning, will be reading for 2 more this afternoon plus 2-3 this evening.

I've just added all (I think) BookCrossers that posted here to my Bookcrossing Twitterlist. I have a special column reserved on Tweetdeck for you all, so don't be afraid you are lost in the +1500 of followers I have. I've got my eye on you. 🧐

Oh, I am soo happy to join the readathon this year! I will post via Instagram and my account is called @meine.lieblingsbucher . I am an Austria Bookcrosser ^-^

Just finished listened two hours and a half of my audio book la mort nomade. Will be switching to my paper book a lighter read, Blonde Attitude, to continue reading. I'm in Montréal, Canada. Special hello to everybody in my time zone!

If anyone's interested, I made a reading vlog from the day of the readathon. I's up on my YouTube channel here:
https://youtu.be/GhNXMDbpmew

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.