Over the past few weeks we've been having a look at the current capabilities within our BC Volunteer Support Team from a languages perspective, and as a result we've identified some areas we'd like to recruit in order to have better coverage servicing the BookCrossing member community.
Here's what we are after:
- People who are fluent in any of the following languages:
Spanish, Greek, French, Italian, Portuguese, any Scandinavian or Slavic languages, OR Russian
What else you'd need to offer:
- A love for BookCrossing and knowledgeable of the site.
- Keen desire to help others by explaining steps/processes.
- Good with computers. You don't need to be a programmer, but you do need to know enough not to be confused by terms like URL, cookie and HTTPS. Do you know which browser you are using and how to install a different one? Then you probably know enough to help us.
- Able to spend some time, several times a week, not following any specific schedule (other than your own).
- Able to read and write decent English.
Here's what you'll get:
- A very real way to help people enjoy BookCrossing, and to help BookCrossing itself.
- Free Wings membership.
- Extra abilities to do things on the site and the responsibilities that come with them! (That's the scary part.)
- More quality time with language translation programs than you ever knew you wanted!
- Our database of information that we gathered over the years, and that will help you give the right answers.
- The feeling that you are not just a spectator/consumer on this site, but also a part of what makes BookCrossing 'tick'.
You'd be working as part of a small Team spread out over the globe, who communicate by a group set up on a chat app (which can be installed on a smartphone or laptop/desktop).
You would be choosing your own hours, and even picking the support queries/tickets that you feel you can answer. We would, of course, show you the ropes and help you learn how to use the Support system, and be on hand to answer your questions.
Also, Team members can always ask for guidance from other members!
Then please send us a message through the Support system (Contact Us) at the bottom of the page (that's your first test to see if you can work that out!).
We promise to get back to you within a week or two, to let you know whether we think it's a good fit.
Any questions can be posted here in this thread.
Thanks for reading, and if you are in any of the non-English forum sections, please help spread the word!