BookCrossing Day Contest 2019: The winners are known!

Forum » BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Hello one and all! Please gather 'round so I can tell you about this year's winners in the BookCrossing Day Contest!

It was another riveting race. Eleven entries, and they all had unique qualities; this was clearly appreciated by the voters (yes, you) because once more, every design was someone's favourite and they all got votes. It must have been hard to make a choice with so many good options.

This year, we had a first: two entries were tied for the first place! We loved both of them, so in the end, we flipped a (digital) coin and let fate decide. It seemed like the fairest solution.

But first, here's the runner up: it's nr. 7, the lovely, lively hand-drawn telephone booth full of books by Lillianne. It's no doubt inspired by the many repurposed old phone booths you can find in Germany, now being used as book exchanges. Congratulations Lillianne, you've earned a prize pack!

The two entries that share the first place are nrs. 6 and 10; 6 is the amazingly colourful and fun image of Ballycumber (yes, me) hanging from a bunch of letter-shaped balloons and looking quite adventurous and heroic, if I may say so myself. And 10 is the very clever calligraphy picture of a letter such as our books might send us when they write home. Another great idea and so well executed! Both of these will no doubt be used for custom labels for years to come.
Congratulations Lesenslust (who made nr. 6) and Trojanhorse (nr. 10)! Both of you will get your well-deserved prize packs!

The balloon image by Lesenslust won the coin toss. So that one will be on this year's BookCrossing Day bookplates and stickers. I can't wait to seem them.

Let's all head on over to https://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote again, to see the winners once more, and to grab the entries that we like so we can use them for our own custom bookplates. Click on each entry for a bigger version, and save that version to your computer to get the best print quality.

Right now, our Store Manager is working hard at making stickers and bookplates available with this year's winning masterpiece. You can expect to see them in the Store soon, and they will be available for purchase for several weeks. Let's make this another BookCrossing Day to remember!

Thanks a lot :) I am very happy.

Congratulations also to the other participants, especially the second first place ^^ That was close. I also liked the idea very much.

Will certainly order some

Oh my goodness what a close run thing!!!
Congratulations Lesenslust and Lillianne.
All the designs were so inventive, its been a great pleasure taking part and coming second is such a lovely bonus. :)

It must have been hard to make a choice with so many good options.
InDEED, it WAS!!!✔
Let's all head on over to https://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote again, to see the winners once more, and to grab the entries that we like so we can use them for our own custom bookplates.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL, and...THANK YOU to our illustrious Store Manager!!! 💖
Right now, our Store Manager is working hard at making stickers and bookplates available with this year's winning masterpiece. You can expect to see them in the Store soon, and they will be available for purchase for several weeks.
Can't wait to see how they look in print!!!😉
Let's make this another BookCrossing Day to remember!
Hear, Hear!!! 🙂

Congratulations to all.
It was very hard to choose.

wingInge1990wing 4 mos ago
Congrats!
Now we only need to order ;)

Well done to all - the labels were beautiful & you should all be very proud of them

Don't forget to mark it off on your BookCrossing Bingo card for the "Enter in the BC Day Contest" square.
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/558024

All of the entries were really good this year, and it was hard to decide. Well done to the top three!

Congratulations Lillianne, you've earned a prize pack!
Thank you very much for the surprise that arrived on Friday, 14.4.2019. And congratulations to Lesenslust and Trojanhorse for winning with their pictures.

Also for the 3-month wings. I am thrilled :-))

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.