Lately we feel that it's hard to answer all the questions that pour into the Support system. We seem to be short-handed. At the same time, it's been made clear that there are many members who are eager to help BookCrossing in some way. So maybe it's time to bring these two things together and see what happens?
We are looking for one, two or possibly three new Support volunteers. Here's what we're after:
- People who love BookCrossing, know the site very well, and like to explain stuff.
- People who are pretty good with computers. You don't need to be a programmer, but you do need to know enough not to be confused by terms like URL, cookie and HTTPS. Do you know which browser you are using and how to install a different one? Then you probably know enough to help us.
- People who can spend some time, several times a week, not following any specific schedule (other than your own).
- People who read and write decent English. An extra language would be a big plus.
Here's what you'll get:
- A very real way to help people enjoy BookCrossing, and to help BookCrossing forward.
- Permanent Wings if you want them.
- Extra abilities to do things on the site.
- The responsibilities that come with them! (That's the scary part.)
- More quality time with Google Translate than you ever knew you wanted.
- Our database of information that we gathered over the years, and that will help you give the right answers.
- The feeling that you are not just a spectator/consumer on this site, but also a part of what makes BookCrossing 'tick'.
- In other words, not a whole lot. If you're still interested, you may be the right candidate...
You'd be working in a small team spread out over the globe. You would be choosing your own hours and even picking the tickets you feel you can answer. We would, of course, show you the ropes and help you learn how to use the Support system, and answer your questions. Also, team members can always ask for guidance from other members.
Still interested? Then please send us a message through the Support system (contact form). We promise to get back to you within a week, to let you know whether we think it's a good fit.
Thanks for reading and if you are in any of the non-English forum sections, please help spread the word!