The girl who escaped the Taliban

Forum » Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread
Yesterday BBC News aired a heart-rending interview with Meena, a 13yo Muslim girl in Pakistan who escaped the clutches of Taliban suicide bombers. Most of her family (those who haven't blown themselves up) are active Taliban terrorists. Meena's younger sister was forced to become a suicide bomber. She herself was continually beaten for refusing.

There is some discussion of the authenticity of this report. Hear it and make up your own mind. I believe Meena is genuine. She is a girl of immense physical and moral courage. May she be rewarded with health and happiness in this life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/---/8499578.stm

If this girl's story is true then her so-called 'family' are a bloody disgrace.

> If this girl's story is true then her so-
> called 'family' are a bloody disgrace.

That's putting it mildly. Forcing your own young daughter to become a suicide bomber is about as low as the human spirit can sink.

> > If this girl's story is true then her
> so- > called 'family' are a bloody
> disgrace.

> That's putting it mildly. Forcing your own
> young daughter to become a suicide bomber
> is about as low as the human spirit can
> sink.

Yup, but as this is a "family site", I didn't want to say what I actually think. To be honest, I find myself agreeing with her analysis of the situation. Never mind 'negotiating' or 'dialogue' (or indeed paying them to stop fighting)... quite frankly they are a danger to everyone around them and should be treated like the vermin they are.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.