corner corner New to the Family

Forum | << Introduce Yourself | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

New to the Family

Greetings, all.
I'm a teacher that likes reading books to his students, and I came across the book, "Book Scavenger" by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman.

Because I'm a big fan of puzzles and codes, the title and summary on the back of the book sucked me in.

Inside, I found her reference to Book Crossing, so it was only logical that joining up with you guys was the next step.

I plan on using this idea within my school - having my students engage in some book scavenging, themselves.

Bottom line...I'm happy to be here, and will probably be referring a few of my friends to this site as well.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Greetings, all.
I'm a teacher that likes reading books to his students, and I came across the book, "Book Scavenger" by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman.

Because I'm a big fan of puzzles and codes, the title and summary on the back of the book sucked me in.

Inside, I found her reference to Book Crossing, so it was only logical that joining up with you guys was the next step.

I plan on using this idea within my school - having my students engage in some book scavenging, themselves.

Bottom line...I'm happy to be here, and will probably be referring a few of my friends to this site as well.
Profile Image
Welcome to Bookcrossing. Have a look around the Fora to see what it has to offer and I hope you like it as much as we all do. If you look up FAQ's under the information button that might be useful to. Enjoy, and may we hear from you often.
Profile Image
FQA's under the information button

...Frequently Questioned Answers? Oh well, that works too. :-)
Profile Image
FQA's under the information button

Oops, that's no help for a newbie is it?
I meant FAQ's :-)
corrected.
Profile Image
I hope you and your students will like it here and stick around. It's a fun place to be : )
Profile Image
There's a Educators, Librarians and Parents forum you might be interested in, though it's not very active. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12

But you might find some ideas of how other teachers have incorporated BookCrossing into their classrooms.

And sometimes there are interesting posts involving schools in other forums as well: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/542847

I hope that you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do. Ask questions in the forums, if you have any. We're a friendly bunch and someone will answer.

Profile Image

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I appreciate the community response, as well as the links to helpful threads.
I can tell I'm going to like it here. ;)
Profile Image

RE: :)

LOL, just be careful, its very addictive :-)
Profile Image

RE: RE: :)

LOL, just be careful, its very addictive :-)

Camperfan is right! Anyway, welcome from Puerto Rico! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.