March 25 - 28 Share what you are reading

Forum » Book Talk » Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

I am a great fan of Trollope's, but I expect I'll be reading this for a while - it's nearly 800 pages!

Complete Thread
Let us know anything you want

1. Be Free by Warren Wriesbe e-book 2/2/20 [164 pages] -- a chapter each morning for inspiration
2. The Consequences of Marriage by Isla Dewar KTM 4/27/16 [370 pages]-- this is my evening read; I am enjoying this book more than I thought
3. Grateful American by Gary Sinise 12/14/19 [273 pages] -- listening to this on my phone; I am grateful for this American

ALL YEAR: Love Language Minute Devotional by Gary Chapman

Finished Grateful American. Loved the book.

My read(s):
1. The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion (I'm shortly about to go on to Spotify to listen to the soundtrack that goes with it).

ALL YEAR: Life Makeovers by Cheryl Richardson (each week is a new lesson to work on).

I am a great fan of Trollope's, but I expect I'll be reading this for a while - it's nearly 800 pages!

by B. Lotto
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15193148
I found the opening chapters of this book too garrulous and the tone of the author a bit too boasting, without saying really anything that much ground-breaking or extraordinary. But I'm in chapter 3 and it starts to get way better. We'll see...

This is the second book in a trilogy after Men of Men. It is a good yarn and reminds me a little of the Katherine Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart movie classic The African Queen.

Read Shout at the Devil many years ago and really enjoyed it. It was made into a movie with Lee Marvin.

I’m also reading Wilbur Smith’s River God. This is the first in his Egyptian novels. Another good action yarn with a different setting.

I spiked my eye in the garden and have been unable to read for a day, a day! but thanks for the encouraging post, perryfran.

... "The Time Machine" by H. G. Wells. It captured my interest initially, but now I am finding my attention waning. Will keep going and hope it picks back up!

Black Swan Green by David Mitchell and Inspector Singh Investigates: A Frightfully English Execution by Shamini Flint

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.