corner corner MTBR - Jan 2018

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

MTBR - Jan 2018

Hello all,

Happy New year.

How many books do we start the year with?
There will be an end of year thread also.

The idea is that the reading pile might go down.

link to Dec.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/547864

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello all,

Happy New year.

How many books do we start the year with?
There will be an end of year thread also.

The idea is that the reading pile might go down.

link to Dec.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/547864
Profile Image

mine

Jan = 318
Profile Image
January - 1104

ETA - I had a bit of a clear out on New Year's Day and found a few duplicates. I was very hopeful I would get my starting number down but I also found some books not recorded. So I still have 1104.
Profile Image
I didn't do well in 2017 in term of reducing the Mt. TBR....

January - 212 (62 registered by others)
Profile Image

I have 2 in my TBR but I also have a good handful to add to register! Hopefully I have some more to release as I start full time at a thriftstore this new year!
Profile Image

RE: Newbie

I have 2 in my TBR but I also have a good handful to add to register! Hopefully I have some more to release as I start full time at a thriftstore this new year!

Ohhhh - a thrift store is a dangerous job for those of us who like books. They tend to accumulate instead of leaving....
Profile Image
I got below 50 (TBR physical books) in 2016 and stayed there, however not far below it, so I would like to aim to get below 25 by 2019. Iwould also like to get the numbers registered by other book crossers into single digits. Might not get there, however gotta have an aim!

Jan 2018 - 46 with 12 registered by other book crossers
Profile Image
Life interfered with Bookcrossing and reading last year, but I'm starting afresh!

January: 580
Profile Image

January - 58
February - 51
March- 52
April - 54
May - 46
June - 39
July - 34
August - 27
September - 23
October - 20
November - 20
December - 31

January 2018 - 26

I'm going to count the same way in 2018 that I've counted for the past two years: MY books that I am ready and able to read go on my TBR.

To be transparent, there are 308 books in my house, 170 of which I have not read. They are things like The Oxford World Atlas, my brother's 1981 college yearbook, two of my daughter's French grammar textbooks ... I also have 90 magazines, which I'm working on reading and recycling. I will post the current numbers for these things in July and in January 2019, in hopes they'll be reduced.

But for the purposes of the main challenge, 26 it is!
Profile Image
1 January 17: 38 printed + 12 Kindle = 50 as my starting point for last year
1 January 18: 19 printed + 23 Kindle = 42 as my starting point for this new year.
I believe that the changing balance between formats reflects my changing reading habits.
Profile Image
I read 44 books in 2017, but only 23 of them were with me when the year started.

January - 209
Profile Image

me

I'm starting the year with 344 books on Mt. TBR.
Profile Image
Down from last year, but still breaking 1K

1090 TBRs
Partial breakdown:
• 350 are Kindle books - not a surprise and those daily deals are hard to resist
• 283 registered by other BCr's. I'll focus on getting that # down and moving them along

I only read and moved 58 ABC TBRs along last year - will try to get that # up a bit
Profile Image
Down from last year, but still breaking 1K

1090 TBRs

Oh no! I've got more than you now.
Profile Image
I'll try this challenge this year too!
I don't have all my books registered, so my TBR is according to my goodreads-shelf.

Jan TBR - 180 (168 printed + 12 audio books)

(Had to edit because I forgot 3 books that I got in december)
Profile Image
I'll try this challenge this year too!
I don't have all my books registered, so my TBR is according to my goodreads-shelf.

Jan TBR - 180 (168 printed + 12 audio books)

(Had to edit because I forgot 3 books that I got in december)

Laughing....glad to see I'm not the only one that has books lurking...
Profile Image
I started the year with 194 on Mt. TBR but have already read 2 so now it is only (!) 192. A bunch of books were given me for Christmas or I might have actually ended the year with a few less books than at the beginning of the year. But I would never turn down a gift book so I will bear my burden gladly.
Profile Image
So my current count, after wading into the my Quagmire of books, is an embarrassingly high 568 books.
Profile Image
Need to make sure I read one before the 1st Feb! (I so need this challenge!)
Profile Image
My Mt Toobie is deceptive if I count that way. TBR is only 9 pages....but reserved (which is where the romances lurk) is 13 pages.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.