Audio download read by Hope Davis
Pharmacological researcher Marina Singh heads from Minnesota to the Brazilian jungle with two goals: find out what caused the death of her office mate Anders, and get a progress report on a remarkable new fertility drug being developed by one of her former medical school teachers.
I found the section where she first starts to take the anti-malarial drug Lariam fascinating (what a revelation about her life!) if rather horrible (surely a doctor could never really say that, for fear of liability, and there must have been *some* other alternative to try).
Somehow after all that setup, things happened very fast at the end and wrapped up fairly abruptly, leaving a lot of loose ends. Still, an interesting read, if not one that makes me particularly eager to visit the Amazon!
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
• [DONE] Africa (7) - South Sudan, Rwanda, South Africa, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana, Uganda
• [DONE] Asia (7) - Vietnam, Japan, Yemen, Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Thailand
• [DONE] Europe (7) - Switzerland, UK, Denmark, France, Turkey, Norway, Sweden
• [DONE] North America (6) - USA, Canada, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, Bahamas, Antigua
• [DONE] Oceania (6) - Australia, Antarctica, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Samoa, New Guinea
• [DONE] South America (6) - Guyana, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Brazil