USA in the lead as the country with the most books read, but there's some pretty obscure places making the list too.
1. Turkey - Dancing With Colonels: A Young Woman's Wartime Adventures in Turkey
2. Egypt - The Mistress of Nothing by Kate Pullinger (formerly counted as Canada, until I realized it didn't exactly qualify.}
3. Kenya - The White Rhino Hotel by Bartle Bull
4. Italy - The Charterhouse of Parma by Stendhal
5. Jamaica - Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
6. U.S. - Sandrine's Letter to Tomorrow by Dedra Johnson
7. Tuva - Tuva or Bust! Mr. Feyman's Last Journey by Ralph Leighton
* Special thanks for doing this challenge, NancyNova. I'm enjoying it very much. I love the books that it's bringing to my attention.
be topical seeing as you're all hopping round the globe.You hear about countries in the older books or ones set in the past and wonder where's that to? Only to find it's a phantom country,it's changed it's name,borders,or just plain imploded into a whole mess of littler places.
Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.