corner corner Caravans and books?

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Caravans and books?

On Wednesday night, I was forced from my home by an all-night party of my neighbours, and had to sleep in my parents' lovely caravan.

I found the only thing missing from that gorgeous caravan was a bookcase filled with books... now, if caravan manufacturers worked on this in caravans, I think us bookworms would have the best holidays away.

What do you think? Just a thought.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
On Wednesday night, I was forced from my home by an all-night party of my neighbours, and had to sleep in my parents' lovely caravan.

I found the only thing missing from that gorgeous caravan was a bookcase filled with books... now, if caravan manufacturers worked on this in caravans, I think us bookworms would have the best holidays away.

What do you think? Just a thought.
Profile Image
would you have enough to fill the bookcase :)
Maybe, if you kept visiting book shops (new and used).

I usually leave with a box full of books when I go travelling in my car. It gets less and less (I tend to release the biggest books first) as I release them. But then, yes, those second-hand/charity shops, I have been known to bring home books from them. Maybe a small bookcase in a caravan, but it would need a guard, so they didn't fall out on rough roads. (But obviously that last comment would be understood.)
Profile Image
It doesn't bother me what other people do or don't provide. I'll always have more books with me than I can read :-)
Profile Image
Whaaaaaaaaaaat.
You left your house without taking a book? (LOL)
When we go on a campertrip I always have the camper reading box filled up and after reading leave the books in suitable places. Mainly on the doorstep of fellow camperers. Alway good for a nice chat :-)
I also exchange books on the way so I am never without anything to read.
Profile Image
Whaaaaaaaaaaat.
You left your house without taking a book? (LOL)
When we go on a campertrip I always have the camper reading box filled up and after reading leave the books in suitable places. Mainly on the doorstep of fellow camperers. Alway good for a nice chat :-)
I also exchange books on the way so I am never without anything to read.

Well, yeah... *blush* ... it was 2am and all I had in mind was to lay my head down anywhere where there wasn't a party of chatting people who were getting stoned and pounding music from a car driving past. :P So, I didn't take a book with me because I was far too tired to even think of reading the next morning.
Profile Image
it was 2am and all I had in mind was to lay my head down anywhere where there wasn't a party of chatting people who were getting stoned and pounding music from a car driving past

I can perfectly understand that. it woudl drive me wild.
Profile Image
I don't know how much space there is in a typical caravan - in the US I've seen everything from teensy tow-behind-the-car pop-up-tent type deals, with zero spare space, to massive multi-room homes-on-wheels that come equipped with kitchens and bathrooms and bedrooms and (for all I know) game rooms and libraries. For smaller spaces, college-dorm-room solutions might exist: tiny shelves, or hanging shelves/racks/bins that can be attached to the backs of doors, or some kind of pocket-affair to attach to the side of the bed...
Profile Image
I bet this Winnebago has a library!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Profile Image
For my stash of books in a caravan (or tent / tiny house / etc.).
For example: when I'm on a short city trip (3 / 4 days) I tend to take books with me in a small (basket size) crate. Once the books are released I'm able to fold up the sides of this crate and reduce the space even more. Great for a small car (or any small space for that matter).

Profile Image
Very cool - not least because of the handsome cat inspecting the premises!
Profile Image
Very cool - not least because of the handsome cat inspecting the premises!

I assume the cat doesn't come with the caravan, but you could provide your own.
Profile Image
Beautiful camper....the only thing that really fazed me was the *glass* jars in the cabinets!
Profile Image
the only thing that really fazed me was the *glass* jars in the cabinets!

Yes there is a lot of 'locking up' to do if they start traveling.
Everything that is loose is a projectile.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.