Garbage collectors open library with abandoned books

Forum » Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

Sort Options 

Complete Thread

But sadly it wouldn't work in Canberra, as trucks come around, the driver never gets out, and the garbage is lifted and thrown in the back. Any books wouldn't be noticed.

However, a few years back there was a local volunteer library filled with donated books. It went for a few years.

I love it too. What a shame people throw books in the trash in the first place.

I love it too. What a shame people throw books in the trash in the first place.

That's sort of what brought me to BookCrossing to begin with. I bought a copy of The Da Vinci Code, to see what all the hype was bout. (This is back in the day, when there WAS a lot of hype about The Da Vinci Code). I finished it alright, but I thought it stank and didn't want it cluttering up the bookshelves...but, no matter how bad the book is, I wouldn't feel right about throwing it into the bin.

By coincidence, a few weeks after I'd finished it, I saw BookCrossing mentioned in the newspaper. I was delighted - a guilt-free way of getting Dan Brown out of the house !

I was delighted - a guilt-free way of getting Dan Brown out of the house !

Hahahahaha! That's the funniest reason I've ever heard for becoming a Bookcrosser.

Covert 10 mos ago
Da Vinci
A friend passed her copy of Mr. Brown's wretched plodding tome on to me.
I disposed of it in the same way, and was as thrilled as you to do so!

Wow, way cool. That reminds me of how great it would be to have a Turkish version of the BookCrossing site. Unfortunately, we don't have the volunteers for that translation... yet.

The building's kind of cool too.

Ah nice! That's wonderful. A shame that books get thrown out, but now they have a great purpose.

That's great!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.