corner corner Need US help for work

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Need US help for work

I've been told to organise a networking event in Kendall Square, Cambridge Massachusettes for 40 people. I've never been there are I don't know anyone there so it's not easy. I've tried the few places I could find online but nowhere has enough space. Can anyone help me with some suggestions, please?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've been told to organise a networking event in Kendall Square, Cambridge Massachusettes for 40 people. I've never been there are I don't know anyone there so it's not easy. I've tried the few places I could find online but nowhere has enough space. Can anyone help me with some suggestions, please?
Profile Image
I don't know that Cambridge so can't give you specific advice. A quick search on google maps puts the marker down at the corner of Main Street and Galileo Galilei Way. Is that the right place? Nearby I see a Marriott Residence Inn, and the Kendall Hotel. Maybe you can rent a suite. It also seems near some MIT buildings, so you might check to see if you can book one of their rooms. I see something labelled 'Technology Square' - they might have some community space you can book. Are there any community centres in the area? City hall type buildings? Public library? And, of course, every bar, cafe, and restaurant you can find.
Profile Image
Thanks for your reply but you've suggested everything I've tried already. So great minds at a distance think alike. MIT and Microsoft need a sponsor. Boss didn't really want a hotel but I've contacted the Marriott anyway and awaiting a response. He'd love to meet in a bar as he's a craft beer enthusiast but we need really good internet/presentation facilities and the ones I looked at didn't have function spaces. And Regus can only accommodate up to 16. I did find one conference space but it seems really expensive so I'll compare that to the Marriott.
Profile Image

Perhaps....

The Cambridge Network host events in that area.
Could be worth seeing where they use for their location.
https://www.thecambridgenetwork.com/?...
Profile Image
Thanks, I'll check that out.
Profile Image
Hi! Eponine alerted me to your post. I sent you a PM. I live in Cambridge, MA and may be able to help. I was one of the organizers of the 2010 Boston UnConvention. Check your e-mail.
Profile Image
Thank you. PM'd you.
Profile Image
I went to a concert, years ago, in a cool old theater that had been saved from the wrecking ball. What I remembered most was that there was no, and I mean NO, parking anywhere close to the theater or the B&B we stayed at. Ended up parking in Boston and finding our way back to the B&B because we were so frustrated! lol
Profile Image
Ended up parking in Boston and finding our way back to the B&B because we were so frustrated! lol

You found parking in *Boston*???

{snerk!}

I was in Kendall Square just the other day (had lunch at a relatively new place called Mamaleh's), and while there were lots of parking garages and curbside metered spaces (though the latter are less accessible after a big snowstorm) it was still quite a challenge driving in and out - we should have taken the T.
Profile Image
Ended up parking in Boston and finding our way back to the B&B because we were so frustrated! lol

You found parking in *Boston*???

{snerk!}

Yes. A parking garage. Every one we tried in Cambridge was full. We spent more time looking for parking than being at the concert! I parked a bus in NYC much easier!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.