corner corner Greetings and New Years Wishes

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Greetings and New Years Wishes

Hello all!

I am a new member to the book crossing community though I've always been an avid reader, this really has peaked my interest and I'm excited to set some books free into my city which sadly has no books released yet. So far I have no questions and just wanted to send out my hello to everyone as well as wish a wonderful new years to you all.

It's frightfully cold with the deep freeze that is hitting Canada so its a perfect time to settle in with a good book and just enjoy diving into the worlds they offer. So may this new year bring you new adventures and stories, may you fall in love with a character and find a plot to truly wish would never end!

I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello all!

I am a new member to the book crossing community though I've always been an avid reader, this really has peaked my interest and I'm excited to set some books free into my city which sadly has no books released yet. So far I have no questions and just wanted to send out my hello to everyone as well as wish a wonderful new years to you all.

It's frightfully cold with the deep freeze that is hitting Canada so its a perfect time to settle in with a good book and just enjoy diving into the worlds they offer. So may this new year bring you new adventures and stories, may you fall in love with a character and find a plot to truly wish would never end!

I am looking forward to meeting you all!
Profile Image
Good year wishes for you too. Welcome to Bookcrossing.
It's different weather here in Australia at present, as it's summer. 31C outside at present here in Canberra. I'm inside with the windows shut and many of the blinds drawn (not all, I like some light) to keep out the heat. It was 37C though in Sydney, where I spent Christmas. It felt like an oven each time I stepped out of the car, when I went geocaching during my stay.

Settle down with a blanket and I hope you have a good book you can immerse yourself in for awhile.
Profile Image
Good year wishes for you too. Welcome to Bookcrossing.
It's different weather here in Australia at present, as it's summer. 31C outside at present here in Canberra. I'm inside with the windows shut and many of the blinds drawn (not all, I like some light) to keep out the heat. It was 37C though in Sydney, where I spent Christmas. It felt like an oven each time I stepped out of the car, when I went geocaching during my stay.

Settle down with a blanket and I hope you have a good book you can immerse yourself in for awhile.

Oh, that would be a scorcher for sure! Its only -27 C here at the moment, compared to the -40 we had on boxing day its an improvement but not by much! I have book or two I'm eyeing up at the moment, i just finished "Lady Midnight" By Cassandra Claire and pinning for the next one but alas I can't find it near me yet.

I might pick up the cute book my mother got me called "Pillow Thoughts"
Its filled with adorable writings and poems.
What's your current read?
Profile Image
What's your current read?

I have two books under-way at present.
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. (I found an as new hard copy for $2.50 in a charity shop.) At first I found this book slow going, but it's improving for me now.

Vendetta by Peter David. I picked this up to read while away for Christmas. I am enjoying it, but I do enjoy Star Trek stories, especially the later stories.
Profile Image
I have not read either of those but I enjoyed the Potter series by J.K Rowling. Sounds pretty neat. I love finding books in the thrift shops.
<3 Thanks for sharing you're thoughts! Hopefully the heat doesn't get to bad for you
Profile Image
Happy New Year. Here everthing grinds to a halt when there is like 5 cm of snow! How do you get stuff like food??
Profile Image
I'm excited to set some books free into my city which sadly has no books released yet

Well that is about to change now that there is a new Bookcrosser in town ;-),
although the weather isn't very good for crossing outside I think.
You might try indoor crossing like in supermarkets, though for a start.
The village I moved to didn't have any Bookcrossing also , so I started to leave a book in every street like on a bench or somewhere where people would see it easy.
That way I got to know my way around as well.
Books where always pick up and when I got Journal Entries, I was as pleased as punch.
Now I have an Official Book Crossing Zone, my own basket in the community centre, which I fill with books every week .

I wish you all the best for the New Year, and may we hear from you often.
Profile Image
..I hope you and the people you love have a very special holiday! 🌞
Profile Image

Welcome!

Happy New Year to you as well. And here in Maine, we are sharing that chilly weather with you!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.